Alfa Romeo Guilia

LibertyVolance

Anyone own one, test drive one, ride in one? Good looking sedan, but the nearest dealership from me is 100 miles away. Just wanted an impression from someone who has experience with the 2016-18 models.

The Alfa Spyder looks ever better but the price range on those is more than I can afford.

Anyone own one, test drive one, ride in one? Good looking sedan, but the nearest dealership from me is 100 miles away. Just wanted an impression from someone who has experience with the 2016-18 models.

The Alfa Spyder looks ever better but the price range on those is more than I can afford.
I would buy one, but resale will be awful, parts will be expensive, and reliability is suspect for any Italian car. Plus, the dealer is also about 80 miles from me. They look killer though, and the Quadrifoglio is really fast.

Reactions: 1 person
I have had a strange fascination with the Guilia. If I came across $80k that I had to blow on a car tomorrow, the QF would likely be my gluttonous pick.

Right and that's probably all it is; just a fascination that will pass. The Quad would be a blast to drive, but the cost of maintenance, distance from a dealership, and resale market are all factors that add up to dampening my enthusiasm.

Right and that's probably all it is; just a fascination that will pass. The Quad would be a blast to drive, but the cost of maintenance, distance from a dealership, and resale market are all factors that add up to dampening my enthusiasm.
I know a guy who bought a 4C Spyder. It is little and noisy.

Last edited:
Little? Not trying to be a smart-alec, but did he think a spider would be anything other than a low two-seater?
He didn't say it was small and noisy. I said that, and I have owned a Miata and an MGB....and a BMW Z4.

Last edited:
For that $$ the Mercedes E43 AMG is much more car. And, you get free enrollment in AMG Driving Academy.

He didn't say it was small and noisy. I said that, and I have owned a Miata and an MGB....and a BMW Z4.

Oh, OK, gotcha. :hi:

We have a Miata now in wife's preferred Barbie aqua color, and I wish I had an MGB, which should only be British Racing Green, IMHO.

Oh, OK, gotcha. :hi:

We have a Miata now in wife's preferred Barbie aqua color, and I wish I had an MGB, which should only be British Racing Green, IMHO.
We bought a new Miata in 1995, and kept it 10 years. We now have a 2013 BMW Z4. Actually, it is my wife's toy. I rarely drive it. I liked the Miata better.

I have had a strange fascination with the Guilia. If I came across $80k that I had to blow on a car tomorrow, the QF would likely be my gluttonous pick.

If 80 grand were burning a hole in my wallet, I’d get an RS5 coupe.

Friend of mine bought one (the non - QF). They were pretty negotiable on price.

It's a sweet ride - she got the red with tan interior (classic Italian). The interior is really nicely done - it may not be Audi quality but the look is fantastic. Supposed to be a peppy car. The only complaint I've seen in reviews is the brakes are a little vague but it seems like a good car in the segment and there aren't a bunch of them on the road. Good warranty so concerns about problems are abated at least through the warranty period.

VN Store

Back