Hope our players realize

Nocleats

I hope our players realize there will be a mass random drug test coming within the next 25 days. I don't care what your views are on marijuana usage, personally I think it's ok, BUT, It is illegal at present in the NCAA and at the Univ of Tennessee.
Now CJP has taken over and he needs to see what he has on his roster. He has probably looked at our players profiles and like many of us cant figure out why some are underperforming based on ratings. One way is find out who cant follow rules and selfishly use. Coach has to find out who is on his team and if they care about their team and their opportunity.. If they cant see a drug test coming, they be really dumb. Cause there's a piss test a comin!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I hope our players realize there will be a mass random drug test coming within the next 25 days. I don't care what your views are on marijuana usage, personally I think it's ok, BUT, It is illegal at present in the NCAA and at the Univ of Tennessee.
Now CJP has taken over and he needs to see what he has on his roster. He has probably looked at our players profiles and like many of us cant figure out why some are underperforming based on ratings. One way is find out who cant follow rules and selfishly use. Coach has to find out who is on his team and if they care about their team and their opportunity.. If they cant see a drug test coming, they be really dumb. Cause there's a piss test a comin!

You don't think his players at Bama smoke weed?

Reactions: 18 people
You don't think his players at Bama smoke weed?

I'm sure some do, but he knows what he has there with them, and who he can depend on. He has to learn about this team ASAP and start building, or removing.

My point is right now would be a really stupid time to be dirty.

Reactions: 1 person
Weed is no worse than alcohol and should be regulated in a similar manner. There's no need to get young people in trouble over something that's no threat to anyone.

Players ought to be able to live their lives without the threat of being suspended over using a relatively harmless natural product.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people
Weed is no worse than alcohol and should be regulated in a similar manner. There's no need to get young people in trouble over something that's no threat to anyone.

Players ought to be able to live their lives without the threat of being suspended over using a relatively harmless natural product.

You would be a fool to think that putting any foreign substance in your lungs is harmless.

Reactions: 31 people

On a scale of 1 to 1 million, it's not even in the same universe with alcohol.

Reactions: 14 people
You would be a fool to think that putting any foreign substance in your lungs is harmless.

Really? Aren't we all putting foreign substances into our lungs everyday trying to breathe the crap in the air? As an after thought, weed does no damage to the lungs and does not contribute to cancer or whatever.

Reactions: 9 people

If players want to smoke weed. They shouldnt join organizations that have rules against smoking weed.

Reactions: 14 people

Tuff call. Just like alcohol it can affect a person. From my experiences watching my friends when younger, and kids I know who smoke now, it can have negative effects. Some allow it to influence them. They have different friends, they alter plans to go smoke, it sometimes is more important to go somewhere and smoke than doing what actually needs done. This is not to say it happens to everyone, but this are my
experiences I have seen happen. Same with alcohol. Fortunately most of my friends out grew this phase but not before it caused issues.

Reactions: 3 people
Really? Aren't we all putting foreign substances into our lungs everyday trying to breathe the crap in the air? As an after thought, weed does no damage to the lungs and does not contribute to cancer or whatever.

Inhaling smoke in whatever fashion you do it is harmful to your lungs. Plus people tend to inhale deeper and hold longer when smoking weed, rightfully so.

But I know there is also liquid THC and other ways to where you don’t have to “smoke” it.

You sir do not live in reality.

Reactions: 6 people
Really? Aren't we all putting foreign substances into our lungs everyday trying to breathe the crap in the air? As an after thought, weed does no damage to the lungs and does not contribute to cancer or whatever.[/QUOT

The stupidest post I've seen on here in a long time. Do some research on the effects of marijuana smoke on the lungs before posting such an ignorant statement.

Reactions: 11 people

Unfortunately they are starting to show several carcinogens in marijuana smoke as well. It’s not the THC just as it is not the nicotine in tobacco. It’s the fumes, chemicals, weird chained carbohydrates from burning something as well.

Tobacco, alcohol, marijuana are all of minimal harm in low doses, moderation, and short term or intermittent use. In fact all three can have at least minor health benefits in that way. Unfortunately almost none of them are used in that way by most and are hard to, especially when you consider nicotine’s addictive potential.

The only difference in a medicine/drug and a toxin is the dose.

And inhaling anything burning long term or in high volumes is not good for you. In fact you may get more tar from marijuana than tobacco.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

In 2012, a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) found that smoking cannabis does not cause significant damage to the lungs. Tobacco, however, can be extremely damaging.

The study followed a cohort of 5115 men in four US cities. Not only did the study find no correlation between habitual cannabis consumers and lung disease or cancer, the researchers found that cannabis consumers had an interesting advantage.

Habitual cannabis consumers had a greater lung capacity. Though, admittedly, the improvement was small. The herb-lovers had a 1.6% advantage over non-consuming counterparts. That’s equivalent 50 milliliters, which is about one-seventh of a soda can.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1104848

There is no reason for the level of ignorance concerning Marijuana. It's not what your mom, dad, pastor, school system and government said it was when they crammed their anti-weed propaganda down our throats for decades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
In 2012, a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) found that smoking cannabis does not cause significant damage to the lungs. Tobacco, however, can be extremely damaging.

The study followed a cohort of 5115 men in four US cities. Not only did the study find no correlation between habitual cannabis consumers and lung disease or cancer, the researchers found that cannabis consumers had an interesting advantage.

Habitual cannabis consumers had a greater lung capacity. Though, admittedly, the improvement was small. The herb-lovers had a 1.6% advantage over non-consuming counterparts. That’s equivalent 50 milliliters, which is about one-seventh of a soda can.

5 years old and several studies since don’r necessarily agree with this. The American Lung Association states the tar and chemicals from marijuana may be just as bad if not worse (tar).

And just as an FYI. I am a liberterarian but also a physician. I don’t care what you do or how much weed you smoke, as long as it doesn’t harm me or my kids. But I don’t like people using excuses that it is so much safer than other things and tobacco and whatnot.

The same things said about marijuana today were said about tobacco 50-70 years ago. Marijuana may not end up that bad but don’t act like burning something and then sucking it in your lungs is a great idea for the rest of your life.

Take it from an asthmatic that spent 3 days over Christmas in the ER with a respiratory illness on a non rebreather face mask

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23846283/

Here is one of several studies showing it does increase cancer risk.

The jury is still out. It’s probably not as bad as tobacco but it sure ain’t benign.

Light em and toke me though. Don’t care that you do. Just don’t want people ignorant of risks or have the wool pulled over their eyes like was done for tobacco for years

(Oh, and a personal note. I think JAMA is a rag trash journal. Doesn’t effect this data though. NEJM and the Lancet are much less politically influenced and bought by drug companies. Can’t stand the AMA and glad to belong to my surgical specialty journal instead)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
You sir do not live in reality.

How so? How will the fact that drug tests are coming and players will either be placed on suspension or dismissed due to violation of team rules if they test positive have anything to do with what students are doing or the fact that weed is no worse than beer in most peoples eyes? The fact still remains that if players don't see these tests coming, maybe they deserve to get caught do to naïve stupidity.

VN Store

Back