Vacation rental

Zues1

You can doooo it !
Hey guys I'm looking for a ocean front House rental for the week of July 7th-14th. 6 adults and 3 kids under 10. A pool is a plus. We're flexible on the area but FLA gulf is our preference. Any recommendations would be great, one can spend a lot of hours on the web searching.

Splash Resort in Panama City Beach. Lots of fun for the kids. We've stayed there twice. Booked on VRBO. Pretty reasonable prices. There's a good bit of stuff to do in PCB too.

Last edited:
Destin is good for families. Huge number of condos available on the beach.

If you are willing to be off the beach, prices are lower. We like Siesta and Lido Key outside of Sarasota and have rented 5 bedroom houses off the beach at those places.

Hey guys I'm looking for a ocean front House rental for the week of July 7th-14th. 6 adults and 3 kids under 10. A pool is a plus. We're flexible on the area but FLA gulf is our preference. Any recommendations would be great, one can spend a lot of hours on the web searching.

Santa Rosa or Seaside

I was hoping to get recommendations for rental accommodations.

If you want secluded, the ability to have campfires on the beach, and don't need tons of restaurants/things to do, you might check into Cape San Blas.

We have used this company multiple times around Destin:

Five Star Beach Properties: Destin and 30A Vacation Rentals

I'll say this: if you want beach front, that time of year, in a desirable area like Destin...

Get ready to open up the checkbook.

The big house we stayed in last summer just before peak rates jumped to $24,000/week the following week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If you want secluded, the ability to have campfires on the beach, and don't need tons of restaurants/things to do, you might check into Cape San Blas.
That's exactly where I am at the moment. We bought a little beach shack down here last month.

I know it's not a house but I've stayed at a really nice condo in Gulf Shores, called Bel Sole. Great views, spacious. Have stayed in three bedrooms and four bedrooms. 4 BR will run you about $3k a week. Only drawback is it's on the lagoon side but is a walk across the street to the beach. At same time, they have a private pier/dock in the lagoon where we did a lot of fishing.

I did research that area. From the photos I looked at there appears to be a lot of debris on the Beach. Trees, brush etc ? Is that a correct representation ?

We have used this company multiple times around Destin:

Five Star Beach Properties: Destin and 30A Vacation Rentals

I'll say this: if you want beach front, that time of year, in a desirable area like Destin...

Get ready to open up the checkbook.

The big house we stayed in last summer just before peak rates jumped to $24,000/week the following week.

I realize that but I would think the 24k rate is more of an exception

I did research that area. From the photos I looked at there appears to be a lot of debris on the Beach. Trees, brush etc ? Is that a correct representation ?

It is not. The beach is fantastic. It's also nice that you can have dogs on the beach.

I realize that but I would think the 24k rate is more of an exception

That was an 8 BR house, and it was well-appointed. You won't that big a place for your group. Search beachfront properties on the Five Star link I provided above. The Destiny properties are really nice.

I assume you are looking for maybe 4 BR + bunk room? Do you have a budget? Do you want to be in an area with attractions, good restaurants, etc? I know that stretch pretty well and can help if you can give me some details.

It is not. The beach is fantastic. It's also nice that you can have dogs on the beach.
There was a pretty good sized tree laying on the beach near me, and another at the public entrance to the drive-on beach. Maybe a 20-25 foot tree. They may be gone by now. It isn't kept as nice as Destin. It's a little wilder and more natural, but it's fine. The water is great, and so is the sand.

There is a section called the stump hole, near the rock wall, that is full of stumps sticking out of the water. I guess it depends on what area you saw in pictures. They don't have the tax base money that Destin has to manicure the beach.

That was an 8 BR house, and it was well-appointed. You won't that big a place for your group. Search beachfront properties on the Five Star link I provided above. The Destiny properties are really nice.

I assume you are looking for maybe 4 BR + bunk room? Do you have a budget? Do you want to be in an area with attractions, good restaurants, etc? I know that stretch pretty well and can help if you can give me some details.

Yes 4 br, 3 bath, Ocean front. A pool would be ideal. The fewer the people the better. 😁 Looking in the 5-6k range. I'm not a novice at this but I thought the more people I asked the better my results.

Yes 4 br, 3 bath, Ocean front. A pool would be ideal. The fewer the people the better. 😁 Looking in the 5-6k range. I'm not a novice at this but I thought the more people I asked the better my results.

Try Miramar Beach. You won't find a decent place ON the beach with a pool for that price during peak season, but there are some nice beachfront townhome units there. We stayed in one with another family a few years back for spring break that was quite comfortable and clean.

St George Island.
You won’t be sorry.

VN Store

Back