The I'm alone during the holidays thread

Merry Christmas to you, at least you have Volnation! We’re family!

Reactions: 2 people
Here by myself with my older daughters dog. At least I get to go over to my grandsons place in a little while.

Lock the doors guys...

Kevin-Home-Alone.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Just saw this thread or I would have posted before now.

I pretty much spent it alone.

I have some family in Chattanooga. I worked half a day then drove down for dinner on Christmas eve, drove back that night and worked Christmas day.

It's not the same since the grandparents passed away.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and sister but the days of big family gatherings ate over for us.

When my grandmother passed this year it showed how greedy a lot of my relatives were.

So I pretty much told them all where to go and how to get there.

Anyone else work over the holidays? I honestly can't remember the last time I had a day off.

I find myself liking the holidays less each year. It's not so much I don't like seeing people, it just there's part of me that would just like me and my wife to go somewhere snowy and have Christmas there. About the only thing I like about Christmas now is watching kids and dogs get gifts, and decorations and some Christmas movies. And I like eggnog and putting it in my coffee.

I also find the week between Christmas and New Year's one of the most worthless weeks of the year. I work but only like 20% of the company is there so nothing gets done. Then it's that weird time where some immediately take down all traces of Christmas and then others leave them up until New Year's Day, so it still kind of feels like Christmas but kind of doesn't.

Christmas is what you make of it.
You can choose to be happy, merry, and bright. Or, you can choose to let in past hurts.

Years ago, I lost both my maternal grandparents to a car crash on a snowy Christmas Eve as Grandpa hurried to get to us. An old friend almost died of alcohol poisoning and we dealt with that, not Christmas. I learned my brother had cancer on Christmas day. On and on...

But these things happen all year round. On every holiday. On every day in fact.

My neice, whom we waited for all Christmas day on year,...arrived on Dec 26th. All the memories of all the years of actually having great holiday seasons. These are the memories I choose to dwell on. You can too. Don't let the Grinch win. Don't be the one folks avoid because of a Bah Humbug attitude.

So to all you folk on here...a slightly belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎇🎅🎅🎅🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Yo OP, I’ve spent many, many holidays by myself, do you have a truck? I don’t.

Attachments

• 2AC10AD7-406E-4129-A46F-725498414636.jpg
    2AC10AD7-406E-4129-A46F-725498414636.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back