1266 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Page 515. within the forum The Pub. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old Today, 01:59 AM   #7711
Charlie Kelly

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apevol View Post
People who would have once been ace studio musicians or songwriters are now thrust into mass notoriety.

The problem is, theyre stifled or manipulated in what they release.

Its a shame, because they may have been great talents if theyd been allowed to develop without the interference.

Then you got the hacks who make it because they look real good, or they know how to navigate social media very well.

Theyve always been around. Always will, in some form.

Don't get me started on the succesful indie artists, or bands.

Its become an incredibly subdued way of creating music that appears to appeal to people who like 'real music', but its really just a heartless immitation of a significantly more organic, energetic, brilliant expression of roots music.

Good quality instruments cost too much these days,and there is a massive divide between how regular people live, and how artists perceive reality
Hit the nail on the head. I canít stand hipsters who think they know what ďreal musicĒ is.

Capitalism, man. It ruins art. Makes me sad.

I emailed you back by the way.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #7712
apevol
#bbbj

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
Hit the nail on the head. I canít stand hipsters who think they know what ďreal musicĒ is.

Capitalism, man. It ruins art. Makes me sad.

I emailed you back by the way.
Hipsters have infected folk with uper middle class mediocrity. Blows my minf that they can sell records. Reminds me of the late 50s\early 60s whitewashed versions of black music.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:19 AM   #7713
Charlie Kelly

Quote:
Hipsters have infected folk with uper middle class mediocrity. Blows my minf that they can sell records. Reminds me of the late 50s\early 60s whitewashed versions of black music.
Great analogy, actually. B.B. King was always my favorite guitarist. Black people are just innately more honest with themselves than white people. Makes for great art.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:43 AM   #7714
apevol
#bbbj

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Quote:
Great analogy, actually. B.B. King was always my favorite guitarist. Black people are just innately more honest with themselves than white people. Makes for great art.
I'd say rather, that there were more black folks with nothing left to lose.

Why not pour your soul into a lost cause if youre ****ed anyway?

I never cared where someone came from, or who they were if they were able to do that crazy thing so few do. That natural crazy that makes you scream from the bottom of your gut, or that knack to transcend language through an instrument.

I wish there was a way to blend the articulation of motown music with the lyrics of very real country, and the insanity of honest to god hard rock.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:43 AM   #7715
Charlie Kelly

Quote:
Eminem just dropped a new album. ****, you wanna talk about artists? That man is good.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:45 AM   #7716
Charlie Kelly

Quote:
I'd say rather, that there were more black folks with nothing left to lose.

Why not pour your soul into a lost cause if youre ****ed anyway?

I never cared where someone came from, or who they were if they were able to do that crazy thing so few do. That natural crazy that makes you scream from the bottom of your gut, or that knack to transcend language through an instrument.

I wish there was a way to blend the articulation of motown music with the lyrics of very real country, and the insanity of honest to god hard rock.
It takes a special person and a special moment. Iím glad you get it. Without anything to lose, all you have left to give is your soul. And thatís what they put into it. And itís why it turned out so brilliant.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:03 AM   #7717
apevol
#bbbj

Quote:
It takes a special person and a special moment. Iím glad you get it. Without anything to lose, all you have left to give is your soul. And thatís what they put into it. And itís why it turned out so brilliant.
Probably why you see so many great records released the same time the musicians are barely hanging on,
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:06 AM   #7718
Charlie Kelly

Quote:
Probably why you see so many great records released the same time the musicians are barely hanging on,
Great art takes pain. Most people arenít willing to pay for it. All we are is a moment anyway. The truly great know how to make it last.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #7719
Charlie Kelly

Listen to Eminemís new album. ďLike HomeĒ makes me feel like we have some hope. People are fighting back.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:37 AM   #7720
Charlie Kelly

Hereís to the place that really knows me. I wonít give up on my home.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 04:05 AM   #7721
Charlie Kelly

Hereís to the cracks in the road that drove me. Thereís no place like home. No one will take my home.
Reply With Quote TOP