1266 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Page 515. within the forum The Pub. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Today, 01:59 AM   #7711
Charlie Kelly
Senior Member
 
Charlie Kelly's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Crevice
Posts: 910
Likes: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by apevol View Post
People who would have once been ace studio musicians or songwriters are now thrust into mass notoriety.

The problem is, theyre stifled or manipulated in what they release.


Its a shame, because they may have been great talents if theyd been allowed to develop without the interference.

Then you got the hacks who make it because they look real good, or they know how to navigate social media very well.

Theyve always been around. Always will, in some form.

Don't get me started on the succesful indie artists, or bands.

Its become an incredibly subdued way of creating music that appears to appeal to people who like 'real music', but its really just a heartless immitation of a significantly more organic, energetic, brilliant expression of roots music.


Good quality instruments cost too much these days,and there is a massive divide between how regular people live, and how artists perceive reality
Hit the nail on the head. I canít stand hipsters who think they know what ďreal musicĒ is.

Capitalism, man. It ruins art. Makes me sad.

I emailed you back by the way.
Charlie Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #7712
apevol
#bbbj
 
apevol's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Posts: 19,236
Likes: 9,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
Hit the nail on the head. I canít stand hipsters who think they know what ďreal musicĒ is.

Capitalism, man. It ruins art. Makes me sad.

I emailed you back by the way.
Hipsters have infected folk with uper middle class mediocrity. Blows my minf that they can sell records. Reminds me of the late 50s\early 60s whitewashed versions of black music.
apevol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:19 AM   #7713
Charlie Kelly
Senior Member
 
Charlie Kelly's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Crevice
Posts: 910
Likes: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by apevol View Post
Hipsters have infected folk with uper middle class mediocrity. Blows my minf that they can sell records. Reminds me of the late 50s\early 60s whitewashed versions of black music.
Great analogy, actually. B.B. King was always my favorite guitarist. Black people are just innately more honest with themselves than white people. Makes for great art.
Charlie Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:43 AM   #7714
apevol
#bbbj
 
apevol's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Posts: 19,236
Likes: 9,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
Great analogy, actually. B.B. King was always my favorite guitarist. Black people are just innately more honest with themselves than white people. Makes for great art.
I'd say rather, that there were more black folks with nothing left to lose.

Why not pour your soul into a lost cause if youre ****ed anyway?

I never cared where someone came from, or who they were if they were able to do that crazy thing so few do. That natural crazy that makes you scream from the bottom of your gut, or that knack to transcend language through an instrument.

I wish there was a way to blend the articulation of motown music with the lyrics of very real country, and the insanity of honest to god hard rock.
apevol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:43 AM   #7715
Charlie Kelly
Senior Member
 
Charlie Kelly's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Crevice
Posts: 910
Likes: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by apevol View Post
Hipsters have infected folk with uper middle class mediocrity. Blows my minf that they can sell records. Reminds me of the late 50s\early 60s whitewashed versions of black music.
Eminem just dropped a new album. ****, you wanna talk about artists? That man is good.
Charlie Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 02:45 AM   #7716
Charlie Kelly
Senior Member
 
Charlie Kelly's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Crevice
Posts: 910
Likes: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by apevol View Post
I'd say rather, that there were more black folks with nothing left to lose.

Why not pour your soul into a lost cause if youre ****ed anyway?

I never cared where someone came from, or who they were if they were able to do that crazy thing so few do. That natural crazy that makes you scream from the bottom of your gut, or that knack to transcend language through an instrument.

I wish there was a way to blend the articulation of motown music with the lyrics of very real country, and the insanity of honest to god hard rock.
It takes a special person and a special moment. Iím glad you get it. Without anything to lose, all you have left to give is your soul. And thatís what they put into it. And itís why it turned out so brilliant.
Charlie Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:03 AM   #7717
apevol
#bbbj
 
apevol's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Posts: 19,236
Likes: 9,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
It takes a special person and a special moment. Iím glad you get it. Without anything to lose, all you have left to give is your soul. And thatís what they put into it. And itís why it turned out so brilliant.
Probably why you see so many great records released the same time the musicians are barely hanging on,
apevol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:06 AM   #7718
Charlie Kelly
Senior Member
 
Charlie Kelly's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Crevice
Posts: 910
Likes: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by apevol View Post
Probably why you see so many great records released the same time the musicians are barely hanging on,
Great art takes pain. Most people arenít willing to pay for it. All we are is a moment anyway. The truly great know how to make it last.
Charlie Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:12 AM   #7719
Charlie Kelly
Senior Member
 
Charlie Kelly's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Crevice
Posts: 910
Likes: 395
Listen to Eminemís new album. ďLike HomeĒ makes me feel like we have some hope. People are fighting back.
Charlie Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 03:37 AM   #7720
Charlie Kelly
Senior Member
 
Charlie Kelly's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Crevice
Posts: 910
Likes: 395
Hereís to the place that really knows me. I wonít give up on my home.
Charlie Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 04:05 AM   #7721
Charlie Kelly
Senior Member
 
Charlie Kelly's Avatar

Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread) Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Crevice
Posts: 910
Likes: 395
Hereís to the cracks in the road that drove me. Thereís no place like home. No one will take my home.
Charlie Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.