Any computer experts out there want to lend me a hand?

BigOrangeTrain

Morior Invictus
So I am having issues with my computer. Things are very slow, performance crappy and programs freezing up. Also, my pc will not enter sleep mode. When it does it wakes up directly after.

I have a Gateway pc with a core i5 2320 processor, 1TB and 8 g of DDR3 ram. Its about 5 years old I think. Its running windows 7 premium 64 bit. I am thinking about upgrading to windows 10. My pc came preloaded with the windows 7 and I have no disc.

A friend told me that when you buy pcs with preloaded OS, putting a different OS on the machine will cause serious problems. Is this really true? That seems dumb to me. If I wanted to completely wipe my system clean and install a new windows 10, would there be any issues? Thanks for the help.

There shouldn’t be any problem installing Windows 10 from scratch. PC makers load their systems up with so much crap ware they want you to think they won’t run unless their proprietary software is installed.

There shouldn’t be any problem installing Windows 10 from scratch. PC makers load their systems up with so much crap ware they want you to think they won’t run unless their proprietary software is installed.

Thats kind of what I figured. Thanks MG.

If all you do is get on the internet, you could give Linux a go. It's free, and a lot faster than Windows on older hardware.

If all you do is get on the internet, you could give Linux a go. It's free, and a lot faster than Windows on older hardware.

This all day every day. Long time Ubuntu user. Came from a Mac after being a long time windows user. Been on Linux mint for over a year now. Great OS.

If you absolutely have to stay with windows, my annual routine when I used that OS was to back up the files I wanted to keep then wipe the HD and do a clean install of the OS. Windows.amd the attendant updates can muck itself up....badly. Just wipe and do a clean install. You'll see a huge difference and that will become as regular as changing your cars oil.

Be willing to bet that once you experience Linux, you'll ask yourself why you didn't make the switch years ago.

So I am having issues with my computer. Things are very slow, performance crappy and programs freezing up. Also, my pc will not enter sleep mode. When it does it wakes up directly after.

I have a Gateway pc with a core i5 2320 processor, 1TB and 8 g of DDR3 ram. Its about 5 years old I think. Its running windows 7 premium 64 bit. I am thinking about upgrading to windows 10. My pc came preloaded with the windows 7 and I have no disc.

A friend told me that when you buy pcs with preloaded OS, putting a different OS on the machine will cause serious problems. Is this really true? That seems dumb to me. If I wanted to completely wipe my system clean and install a new windows 10, would there be any issues? Thanks for the help.

Your negative posts have infected your PC. Lol

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back