99Gator deserves his own thread

Caleb59seal

I just wanted to say from all of Volnation... thank you.

This wasn't about a singular event. This wasn't only about Schiano and Penn State.

It was about Kiffin. It was about Dooley. It was about Jones.

But, it was also about Pearl, Cuonzo and Tyndall.

It was about Delmonico, Raleigh and Serrano.

It was about the tragic end of the Pat Summit era and watching that program slowly be just another SEC team under Holly. A good team for sure, but not what once was.

It was about an athletic program that arguably is currently inferior to Vanderbilt.

It was about finishing 13th overall in the SEC men's all-sports standings for 2016-17. It's about not producing a men's SEC championship team since 2011 men's tennis.

It was about an athletic program that has failed and disappointed time and again. And through it all, people continued to cheer, support, travel, pay and hope.....only to be lied to, let down, and forced to endure.

But, this time would be different. The President of the school changed. The athletic director changed. All of the past failure was well documented. It could not be repeated. It would not be repeated. This time it was going to be different.

And then it wasn't.

And the people, who only have their voices, stood up and said "hell no". As many have pointed out, it united this fan base like nothing else in a decade. Everyone agreed. Everyone had enough. "Hell no". In a matter of a few hours, the push back was so strong that those in power had no choice but to listen.

I know that Tennessee fans are catching hell in some places, but I can only put myself in your shoes and say "I get it".

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Wait. Why can't I get a thread? If 99gator get's a thread...we all get threads...it'll be anarchy... (read that in your best Jud Nelson voice from The Breakfast Club)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back