World's first human head transplant successfully carried out

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b2/32/13/b23213ed14cbe32afbd5311963ad7181.jpg

The world's first human head transplant has been carried out on a corpse in China in an 18-hour operation that showed it was possible to successfully reconnect the spine, nerves and blood vessels.

At a press conference in Vienna on Friday morning, Italian Professor Sergio Canavero, director of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group, announced that a team at Harbin Medical University had "realised the first human head transplant" and said an operation on a live human will take place "imminently".

The operation was carried out by a team led by Dr Xiaoping Ren, who last year successfully grafted a head onto the body of a monkey.

This guy is a madman
TELEMMGLPICT000146897283-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfy2dmClwgbjjulYfPTELibA.jpeg

that guy has the mad genius look down perfectly

also looks like he could be harbinger of the apocalypse

On a serious note, if they are successful at head transplants, would it be to far of a stretch to suggest that they could possibly be close or past the point of repair damage done to the spine for quadriplegics?

On a serious note, if they are successful at head transplants, would it be to far of a stretch to suggest that they could possibly be close or past the point of repair damage done to the spine for quadriplegics?

Quadriplegics? WTF?

If they could transplant heads, I'd get my face lifted and get my noggin sewed onto some twenty-something version of me. And I bet there would be a line about 14 miles long to get it done.

VN Store

Back