Biopsy's airline gripe thread

Biopsyman

I travel a lot for work and flying has gone way down..
1. People that want to rearrange your luggage or ask to move iyour to get their crap in. Smash your stuff to get their shat iin
2. Sit in the front of the plane and want to the back to get their luggage after the plane lands.
3. Body odor..
4. Fat people who sit my seat and theirs
5. All the flights are full.. No room..

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
I travel a lot for work and flying has gone way down..
1. People that want to rearrange your luggage or ask to move iyour to get their crap in. Smash your stuff to get their shat iin
2. Sit in the front of the plane and want to the back to get their luggage after the plane lands.
3. Body odor..
4. Fat people who sit my seat and theirs
5. All the flights are full.. No room..

6. Smuggle those little bottles of liquor from the hotel bar onboard and get drunk beside you.

I travel about once a month. I have experience your number two and a variation of your number 3.

People who are seated in front section walk to back to put luggage in overhead compartments because there is no room available in their area. Then walk against the flow to get back to their seats rather than waiting in the rear of plane until the aisle is relatively uncongested. At the destination they fight like a salmon going upstream to spawn to retrieve their luggage rather than waiting until plane is almost empty.

I have not experienced body odor. But I have experienced people who bring food on the plane that has terrible aroma. Tuna fish sandwiches, Indian food, etc. Also sat next to a woman who had her small dog under the seat in front of her. That was fine. The dog was well-behaved. However, it had terrible gas.

Some things are better than they used to be. Love the Wi-Fi so I can watch entertainment on my tablet. Also, earbuds have been a lifesaver for me because it is a clear signal I don't want to makesmall-talk with my neighbor.

The show MythBusters did an episode where they tested plane boarding scenarios to discover which was quickest and most efficient. Ironically, the free-for-all was the quickest in their test. I'm dubious. I cannot figure out why Airlines do not board back to front, window to aisle after first class seating is finished. It seems like that would be the quickest and most efficient process.

They need to stop picking the dumbest passengers and giving them the random Tsa pre ticket. How many times do you have to be told "leave your shoes on" before you understand?

And no, I'm not trading my exit row aisle seat for your cramped middle seat just so you can sit next to your boyfriend for an hour.

Reactions: 1 person
The one that pisses me off the most is the handicapped per-borders. Fine you get on the plane with the choice of seats and guaranteed overhead storage but keep your ass in your seat when the plane lands until everyone else gets off the plane. I don't know how many times the entire off-load has been held up by someone waiting for a wheelchair!

Remember flying in the '60s and early '70s?

Leg room, cushioned seats, and the stewardess's outfits?
My oh my.

In b 4 ima make chauvinist pig.

The people I hate are the oblivious seat leaners. If it's night/early morning or a long flight, I get it, but recognize that the guy behind you is in coach too. Don't immediately get in your seat and lean back into somebody's knees just because.

I suppose this is why the airlines offer business and first class.

Overall, flying stinks. Flying and being 6'5" with a 37" inseam, really stinks.

Remember flying in the '60s and early '70s?

Leg room, cushioned seats, and the stewardess's outfits?
My oh my.

In b 4 ima make chauvinist pig.

Don't remember the 60's and 70's but I'll take the late 80's and 90's for $500.

my newest pet peeve is for technology. Now I love the idea that each individual has their own video screen so they can watch whatever or play whatever they want but the problem comes with the way they access it. I came back from Europe and the lady behind me thought that it wasnt a touch screen but a start from as far back as possible and try to put your finger thru it screen. I'd be falling asleep and she would be punching the screen like a kid kicking the back of your chair. People, realize there is a person in that seat in front of you.

If you can't lift your bag into the overhead bin then it shouldn't be considered carry on. Puppy dog eyes aren't working on me grandma

I suppose this is why the airlines offer business and first class.

Overall, flying stinks. Flying and being 6'5" with a 37" inseam, really stinks.

I don't know how you do it if you're not in a bulkhead or exit row seat.

Anybody been on a flight with Mr/Mrs infectious? You know the passenger coughing, sneezing, looking like death? The cabin air is recirculating the entire flight and it makes me cringe.

If you can't lift your bag into the overhead bin then it shouldn't be considered carry on. Puppy dog eyes aren't working on me grandma

...and if the gate agent says to gate-check bags or your bag is too large, for crying out loud, LISTEN TO THEM!

...and if the gate agent says to gate-check bags or your bag is too large, for crying out loud, LISTEN TO THEM!

And if you are carrying a purse or a small bag of some type put it under your dam seat and keep the overheads available for bigger bags.

Last year, the big oaf in the seat in front of me clearly overshot his beer limit with his buddies and treated everybody nearby to the exhilarating sounds and smells of confined-space vomiting.

People are so rude on planes. For instance, I’m flying last month and I ask this very nice looking young lady as politely as I know how if she’d like to join the mile high club. She goes from zero to enraged hell furry in about two seconds. I mean, I’m offering her membership to an elite group. So ungrateful…

People are so rude on planes. For instance, I’m flying last month and I ask this very nice looking young lady as politely as I know how if she’d like to join the mile high club. She goes from zero to enraged hell furry in about two seconds. I mean, I’m offering her membership to an elite group. So ungrateful…
B****!

I don't know how you do it if you're not in a bulkhead or exit row seat.

Anybody been on a flight with Mr/Mrs infectious? You know the passenger coughing, sneezing, looking like death? The cabin air is recirculating the entire flight and it makes me cringe.

Exit row is my savior.

I had a lady lay down on my arm. Thankfully I was moved (I volunteered rather quickly) when her daughter asked to be moved to give her mom more room.

VN Store

Back