Dish vs Directv

VOLinAL

So I am looking into getting rid of my cable. Any insight to which might be better?

Not sure about U Verse. I ended up getting Directv today and ill just negotiate for a lower price after the intro year.

I love directv. Had them for years. I’ve been able to get them to work on price and I never miss a Grizzlies game.

I had u verse for about 5 months. DirecTV equipment is much better. Also ATT is phasing out U verse TV because they bought DirecTV.

I switched from Comcast to Uverse about 6 or 8 months ago. ATT gave me the choice of Uverse or Direct since we have fiber in our subdivision. The Uverse package was a little better - lots of movie channels and sports. I'm a Reds fan and we got to see 145 games this year. All Showtimes and Starz included. TV in 4 rooms - DVR - no extra for any equipment, Internet that tests at 60 MBPS and they gave me a 150.00 Visa gift card. No installation or setup fees of any kind. No rental charges on any of the equipment. Monthly bill is 121.
Rate is locked for 24 months if I want to stay but my obligation is up after 12 months. 15 a month penalty if I leave before 12 months which won't happen. We've been happy so far. 1 outage so far that lasted 2 hours. I've told my neighbors about it and another 10 or so have had it installed in the last 6 months. I think they quit installing new fiber when they bought Direct but I believe they will continue to offer it where it's already installed.
We'll see if this is true when the time comes - but they told me after my 24 months is up I will pay the current monthly rate at that time and be on a month to month deal or I can renew my 24 months and get locked in again for 12 months at the then current introductory rate but the price be guaranteed for 24 months.

I've had both. Direct TV 2012-2014 and Dish since 2014.

IMO:

Direct TV has better guide, Info, and Search functions.

Dish has better music channels.

Both have overseas customer service.

DirecTV has better functionality & programming. Dish is the price-driven option, and you get what you pay for - decade-old-plus technology.

I currently have DirecTV with all the movie channels, all the sports networks, and Sunday Ticket for $150/month. Have had it 18 months.

Had Comcast xfinity for 3 years prior to switching. Still have xfinity for our ISP at $50/month for 100 MBPS.

Before that we had AT&T Uverse in our last house that had fiber.

My favorite was the Uverse. Secondary boxes were wireless and we could roll a big screen onto the front porch or back deck to watch Vols with friends while grilling, etc. I also thought their interface was better.

DirecTV is WAY better than xfinity IMHO. xfinity had frequent outages and interface was the opposite of intuitive. I believe they have upgraded to a voice remote which may be better. No experience with Dish.

On average there may be 4-6 times a year where there is an outtage. About 2 of those times are bad enough to knock out the power, so it’s a non issue at that point.

The other times I’ve simply pulled up my iPad and continue watching whatever game I was watching.

Question for other DirecTV subscribers is anyone else having problems with certain commercials freezing up and pixelating?

We have had both and I like Direct much better with the exception we can't get the Pac 12 Network. Yes, yes I know but I LOVE watching the later games so it was a great option.

I switched from Comcast to Uverse about 6 or 8 months ago. ATT gave me the choice of Uverse or Direct since we have fiber in our subdivision. The Uverse package was a little better - lots of movie channels and sports. I'm a Reds fan and we got to see 145 games this year. All Showtimes and Starz included. TV in 4 rooms - DVR - no extra for any equipment, Internet that tests at 60 MBPS and they gave me a 150.00 Visa gift card. No installation or setup fees of any kind. No rental charges on any of the equipment. Monthly bill is 121.
Rate is locked for 24 months if I want to stay but my obligation is up after 12 months. 15 a month penalty if I leave before 12 months which won't happen. We've been happy so far. 1 outage so far that lasted 2 hours. I've told my neighbors about it and another 10 or so have had it installed in the last 6 months. I think they quit installing new fiber when they bought Direct but I believe they will continue to offer it where it's already installed.
We'll see if this is true when the time comes - but they told me after my 24 months is up I will pay the current monthly rate at that time and be on a month to month deal or I can renew my 24 months and get locked in again for 12 months at the then current introductory rate but the price be guaranteed for 24 months.
I had a similar deal. They basically honored it when I moved to DirecTV. Got $300 on a visa card and the new subscriber promotion.

I have been on and off DirecTV for decades. I have seen the improvements. Installation is much improved. Dish rain fade is improved. DirecTV has better equipment with better guide and channel filtering compared to others. Uverse channel filtering is awful. DVR, remote scheduling, place shifting are all outstanding on DirecTV. No one comes close.

Have had both Dish and Directv. Both are crooks!!!

Contract just ran out on Directv and they immediately increased the monthly payment $50.00 and we do not have the movie channel.

VN Store

Back