Your Favorite Little Innovations

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Lots o' negativity lately with our football program and just the country in general...in an attempt to focus on the good in life, I thought it would be fun to talk about our favorite little innovations that make life better. I wanna find about stuff I didn't know about. I'll start:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: 1 person
I just bought a Bissell Symphony which you can vacuum and steam the floors at the same time. I have no idea how this thing works but it's cool.

And I love mustard...all types. Makes just about everything better.

I just bought a Bissell Symphony which you can vacuum and steam the floors at the same time. I have no idea how this thing works but it's cool.

Have you tried the Sriracha mustard? I was disappointed. I'm not crazy about mustard though. I like regular or jalapeno, no to honey or dijon.

Aeropress coffee maker - there's a thread in the Pub about it. Been using it almost daily for more than 10 years. Best coffee maker out there

aeropress-coffee-maker_22979.jpg

Coffee Aficionados?

Some old school VN members in the original thread

Last edited:
They've been around for a while, but I really like compact shopping carts. Because of my work schedule, I normally grocery shop at around 3am. The compact carts are great for maneuvering around the pallets of product and such clogging the aisles as the stock crew works.

That Kroger Jalapeno mustard is great. It's fantastic for dipping mini pretzel twists.

Check out Boetje's Ground Mustard. It's made here locally (in IL) and the best mustard in the world.

In Cologne, Germany, I bought a mustard made with a local "wind onion." I'd be interested if an Appalachian picks up the idea and makes a ramp mustard. BTW, UT out to test cultivation of ramps, figure out how to farm them sustainably.

Bought Spiralizer a few weeks back to make some zucchini noodles. Next thing I know I’m spiralizing carrots, peppers, cucumbers, apples, and so on.

Plaquers and tooth pics. So simple..... so needed.

I love the line on Back to the Future III where he says he's cleaning his teeth and the cowboy asks him, "how did they get dirty?" When it comes to teeth, I can't imagine living in any other era. What a nightmare.

Reactions: 2 people
Spotify
Thermapen
Stethoscope
Deoderant
Wireless headphones
Amazon Prime
Remote controls
Rechargeable battery power tools
Pilot G2 pens
Clip-on guitar tuner

Reactions: 2 people
Fast-charging on Samsung phones (with a Samsung charger, of course) is great!

Also, the Bluetooth headset is an amazing invention! It's so liberating being able to use both hands without a neck cramp. Every time I don't have mine or it's dead, and I have to hold my phone to my face, I feel like a ****ing caveman.

500x_flintstones_0.jpg

Last edited:
The DVR.

I’ve followed Formula 1 racing for 17 years. Lots of racing on at 8am, 3am and anywhere in between. I haven’t had to make the choice between watching the race or getting sleep since I got one.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back