Freak should name a VolNation Council of Elders Thread

Vfl2407

During the upcoming coaching search, I would love to see a stickied thread that only Council members could post in.
Freak (possibly with the help and input of his Mods) would come up with 5-10 of his most revered and respected posters here.
Negative Criterion would be no nonsense posters (which leaves the jokesters like me out), no trolls, no liars, no fans of other programs.
Positive Criterion would be a history of sensible and rational posting, verifiable contacts or sources at UT, ability and willingness to discuss the pros and cons of any potential coaches in a calm and professional manner.

Freak and the Mods know our REAL names.
So, that might help in the selection process.

What would this accomplish?
It would give us a CLEAN on topic thread that stays on topic about the coaching search.
Many of us now have to comb thru many different threads looking for the thoughts of certain posters.
A Council of these posters in one Dedicated thread would cut down on a lot of wasted time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
I nominate the guy from 2012 that posted Gruden updates from the Grey Cup. He was classic!

Reactions: 1 person
"revered and respected posters"...blew it out of the water right there...love your enthusiasm though...sanity is not endorsed here...plus it's just more fun this way...:)...:thumbsup:...:salute:

PS. gave everyone a like...see what I mean...:)

GO VOLS!

"revered and respected posters"...blew it out of the water right there...love your enthusiasm though...sanity is not endorsed here...plus it's just more fun this way...:)...:thumbsup:...:salute:

PS. gave everyone a like...see what I mean...:)

GO VOLS!

I know this idea is way outside of the box, as most of my ideas are :crazy:.......but, sometimes I’m going thru threads trying to find some “real info or opinions “ from certain posters only to have to wade thru all of the off track, off topic stuff like. ...”oh, I didn’t know you lived near me”...”””hey, where’s a good place to get bbq, etc”.

I’d just like one clean on topic dedicated coaching search thread.

Fann,
It’s so funny that you are almost always first to post in the threads that I start.
Are you stalking me ?
Hiding in my house?
Hacked my iPad?
Or worst of all, are you in my head? Am I really here?

Just giving you props.

Im not smart enough to hack anything.

Freak would have to investigate the posters credibility first.

Seems time consuming.

Maybe a questionnaire would work with a notarized stamp. Throw in some witnesses to be safe.

I will be fair but firm in my reporting of coaching search posts. Level headed posting, that's what I'm about.

👌

Has anyone tried the new Breakfast shake at Steak and Shake? We took the kids there Sunday but they were out of shake mix.

Reactions: 4 people
I read a lot more than i post and that would be a nice thing to have to go in to. I usually get a good laugh in about every thread, but that would definitely cut down on the BS that I have to sift through to just find out what I'm looking for.

Criterion would be no nonsense posters (which leaves the jokesters like me out), no trolls, no liars, no fans of other programs.
Positive Criterion would be a history of sensible and rational posting, verifiable contacts or sources at UT, ability and willingness to discuss the pros and cons of any potential coaches in a calm and professional manner.

This is the kind of thread that happens when old people get on the internet.

Reactions: 3 people

Seems time consuming.

Maybe a questionnaire would work with a notarized stamp. Throw in some witnesses to be safe.

Do you think you could judge him biasly? Oh hell no!!!! Man I saw him throw that glove out the window. That b@@@h is guilty.

Did I pass?

Seems time consuming.

Freak obviously knows our REAL names.
That, alone, should make the job easier I would think.

If I could access solid information I would throw my hat in the ring. However, I'm stuck in Hokie land and I'm afraid their years of delusional behavior has skewed my sense of reality. I'm about as useful as Butch Jones.

I'm loving these last few you've done. Becoming a big fan.

Thanx, but I taint nothing special.
Just an old man that loves the Vols, 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week and wants to see another Title before I take that last Big Orange carpet ride to the sky, or wherever I deserve to go....lol.

VN Store

Back