A+ troll job by Jones

IndianapolisVol

(Volunteer) Basketball Mod
I hate Butch Jones as much as anyone and I hope he gets cut as soon as possible.

That said--the guy HAS to know he's on his way out. First he talks about players available for spring practice next year in his presser earlier and now this:

LOOK: Tennessee 'showcases' its National Championship trophy under a stairwell

Butch and his idiot slogans shouldn't be allowed in the same room as that trophy. What a disgrace that we'd brand our trophy case with his most recognizable cliché.

Reactions: 6 people
He's not trolling. Much like the Neyland pose, he is trying to integrate his stuff (shtick) with the Tennessee tradition of winning.

Fireable, IMO. And pathetic.

Reactions: 4 people
I hate Butch Jones as much as anyone and I hope he gets cut as soon as possible.

That said--the guy HAS to know he's on his way out. First he talks about players available for spring practice next year in his presser earlier and now this:

LOOK: Tennessee 'showcases' its National Championship trophy under a stairwell

Butch and his idiot slogans shouldn't be allowed in the same room as that trophy. What a disgrace that we'd brand our trophy case with his most recognizable cliché.

You're the typical over emotional fan that gives VN a bad name......

Reactions: 37 people
How dare him pose the trophy by a brick wall! Instant grounds for firing....we're starting to get dumb here fans. Understand we want him out but really??

Honestly it's in bad taste. Dont really care about where it at, but I don't like the fact that he tries to put his brand on things that he hasn't earned. Can't wait for the new HC to tear down that stupid brick wall and throw the Brick by Brick sign in the team 121 trash can. Then throw the trash can in the dumpster, where it belongs.

Reactions: 7 people
Y'all do realize, don't you, that Butch Jones probably didn't even make the decision to build that display? Tennessee (like every other university AD) has an entire staff of people who market. And of course they're going to incorporate the current head coach's catch phrase. That's just how it is. Butch probably had little to no input in that design...no more than Derek Dooley had in the "Opportunity is Now Here/Nowhere" door.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly it's in bad taste. Dont really care about where it at, but I don't like the fact that he tries to put his brand on things that he hasn't earned. Can't wait for the new HC to tear down that stupid brick wall and throw the Brick by Brick sign in the team 121 trash can. Then throw the trash can in the dumpster, where it belongs.

That should be easy, considering there’s no mortar on those bricks, time to end this BS

Reactions: 1 person
This is how I've always thought of Butch. Guess it's the hair. Bless Bill Paxton's soul.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIYJpbAK6MY[/youtube]

He's not trolling. Much like the Neyland pose, he is trying to integrate his stuff (shtick) with the Tennessee tradition of winning.

Fireable, IMO. And pathetic.

God yes, the neyland pose thing is just cheap. Be like if mike dubose had started wearing a houndstooth hat.

It takes a massive ego to pull some of the stunts lyle has done. Like replacing the fulmer image with himself on the jumbotron. Just an imposter, he comes off like a toddler wearing daddy's work boots

Ironically, if you read the article, Butch is quoted as saying Jon Gruden originated the "brick by brick" thought in a personal conversation.

Now that's irony!!!

Y'all do realize, don't you, that Butch Jones probably didn't even make the decision to build that display? Tennessee (like every other university AD) has an entire staff of people who market. And of course they're going to incorporate the current head coach's catch phrase. That's just how it is. Butch probably had little to no input in that design...no more than Derek Dooley had in the "Opportunity is Now Here/Nowhere" door.

The head coach is going to be the one who signs off on the motto or slogan. If he has to rely on UT marketting for his slogans then that's his own grave that he's digging, UT marketting is just giving him the shovel to dig with. He's the one spouting that crap out his mouth. Can't really fault the marketing team for the bull-honkey slogans this man says on a daily basis.

Let it go people. He's gone. It's just UT deciding who much money they want to save now. Or how much they want to **** him out of.

Last time I read the KNS, Jones never held a gun on anyone to write his contract. Give him his money and let him go.

Reactions: 2 people
The next coach needs to run through that stupid brick wall like freaking Kool-Aid Man and erase it from memory.

Butch is a really good guy and has ran a clean program. No need to hate. He did his best and rebuilt the roster. Just didn’t win enough games.

Reactions: 5 people
honestly i understand they've regressed this year i get it there not where you expected them to be in year 5. Why must he get constantly attacked as a person though. The teams in a lot better position then where he got it. Can you possibly say he hasnt given everything hes got to get tennessee back to the top? has it been succesfull? no not to the date. Show some respect. Its not all on butch

VN Store

Back