Keeneland

CladInOrange

With the UK game being a potential night game. If anyone has yet to experience Keeneland in all of its glory. Do yourself a favor and make the trip to Lexington and do Keeneland during the day and the game at night. You wont be sorry (well maybe about the game).

Keeneland is rarely in session during the UT-UK game if ever. The 28th is closing day. Races usually start around 1 and its a day filled with bourbon, horse racing, and fine scenery.

last year I was in Lexington the weekend they did the Kentucky Double (the week of our A&M game they played Vandy at home). It was the opening weekend of Keeneland. I skipped the Vandy game, but got to Keeneland on Sunday before leaving town. It was gorgeous and much more relaxed and enjoyable than the Derby.

Reactions: 1 person
Lived just a couple more miles North of there in Masterson Station for five years. Good times but April is better than October.

With the UK game being a potential night game. If anyone has yet to experience Keeneland in all of its glory. Do yourself a favor and make the trip to Lexington and do Keeneland during the day and the game at night. You wont be sorry (well maybe about the game).

We are going this Thursday, worth a special trip.

Damn! I didn't even think about that when the game got moved up in our schedule! I'm going to be in South Bend that weekend. :censored:

Oh well, going to go ahead and pencil it in for 2019. Football, horses and bourbon. :pepper:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back