The glorious lives of the dinks!

bignewt

The Scoffer Kid
Lab Rat
Are you a two income household with no kids?

Can you sleep in instead of waking up to sit on a soccer field watching 6 year-olds run in circles?

Can you buy great cars instead of minivans and take vacations to places that don't include mouse ears?

Is your home free of cartoons playing on ipads, crying and market square stroller pushing?

Does your instagram account include scenic vistas instead of a baby just staring into space with replies about how precious that is?

Well if so, this thread is for you. Going to cool places, doing cool things without offspring weighing you down, let us know. We are a dying breed let's stick together and enjoy a respite from the procreating legions!

Reactions: 3 people
35 and 31, been married 10 years, no kids, 1 dog, no fun cars but we do fun vacations:

Amsterdam this year (and London and Paris) and Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica last year

Attachments

• amsterdam.jpg
    amsterdam.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 10
  • costa rica.jpg
    costa rica.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: 7 people
35 and 31, been married 10 years, no kids, 1 dog, no fun cars but we do fun vacations:

Amsterdam this year (and London and Paris) and Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica last year

Dilly dilly! We did Costa Rica a few years ago fun as hell.

Love C.R., where did you go?

Pura Vida

Love C.R., where did you go?

Pura Vida

Puerto Viejo is the southeast corner. There is a lot of Rasta culture there and surprisingly the surfing is really good. It's great for dinks. I saw a lot of Americans but I didn't see many American kids.

We did New Year's Eve in San Jose. My wife and I and my cousin and his wife made friends with a few different Euro couples and we asked young people all day what we should do and we ended up finding a really cool party that was semi-formal and the crowd was young professionals. The building had a huge wrap-around balcony and it's customary to shoot fireworks on NYE. They were going off all over the valley, illuminating the mountains. I'll never forget that night.

Reactions: 1 person
Puerto Viejo is the southeast corner. There is a lot of Rasta culture there and surprisingly the surfing is really good. It's great for dinks. I saw a lot of Americans but I didn't see many American kids.

We did New Year's Eve in San Jose. My wife and I and my cousin and his wife made friends with a few different Euro couples and we asked young people all day what we should do and we ended up finding a really cool party that was semi-formal and the crowd was young professionals. The building had a huge wrap-around balcony and it's customary to shoot fireworks on NYE. They were going off all over the valley, illuminating the mountains. I'll never forget that night.

We stayed just outside of Manuel Antonio park south of Quepos. Took a tiny plane from San Jose that was an adventure in itself. The resort was spectacular. Had a blast on ATVs, hiking and zip lining. Got sick but hell it was worth it.

"raises hand"

We're 34, married for 12 years, have no plan to have kids, and couldn't be happier. The wife and I are currently doing a long weekend at a cabin in the smokies.

Ex-dink checking in. Wife and I were together 16 years before we finally got around to having kids. At this point in my life I fully understand why people normally have babies in their 20s instead of their 40s. Now I'm a fitty-sumpin with 8- and 10-year-old girls. It's all good though. At least I've cleared up the whole retirement question: I don't ever get to.

All seriousness though, my girls are amazing and I wouldn't have it any other way. But I do understand the dink thing. Those were some great years too.

Ex-dink checking in. Wife and I were together 16 years before we finally got around to having kids. At this point in my life I fully understand why people normally have babies in their 20s instead of their 40s. Now I'm a fitty-sumpin with 8- and 10-year-old girls. It's all good though. At least I've cleared up the whole retirement question: I don't ever get to.

All seriousness though, my girls are amazing and I wouldn't have it any other way. But I do understand the dink thing. Those were some great years too.

We're taking the opposite approach and hoping it pans out haha. I'm 32 with a 5, 3 and 6mth old so by the time our last is out of college, I'll be mid to late 50's and we can hopefully spend some money on ourselves!

We're taking the opposite approach and hoping it pans out haha. I'm 32 with a 5, 3 and 6mth old so by the time our last is out of college, I'll be mid to late 50's and we can hopefully spend some money on ourselves!

Good for you, that's the sensible approach. We were just too carefree for too long and left nothing to show for it. I don't complain because the path we took brought us to these two specific amazing critters we got, but you can bet my message to them is always gonna be SET UP YOUR FUTURE!

VN Store

Back