BurgaBox

PotS

You can't say f orum here
Has anyone else tried this service? It's a meal-in-a-box delivery service (like Blue Apron, Dinner A'Fare, or HelloFresh).

They send you a box with all the stuff to make gourmet burgers. I tried it on a whim (and a coupon) and holy crap it was legit!

They have a Burger of the Month club, which is a little pricey at $59/month, but you get a new burger creation each month. I was a skeptical of the price - pretty steep for 2 burgers, a pan of loaded Mac n Cheese, and a plate of some loaded up wedge fries.

However, I found some coupon codes and got $20 off, which knocked the price down to $39. I still wasn't sold. And then at checkout I get a notification saying I could add another burger type for just $15 more. So now I'm at 4 outrageous burgers, plus the sides, for $54. Getting a little more reasonable but I still wasn't sold. Then I get another notification that I qualified for a FREE pound of boneless wings. So 4 mega burgers, all the sides, plus a pound of wings for $54? Sure, I'll bite.

I was blown away. The sheer amount of food was ridiculous, but the quality of the ingredients was top shelf. Thick cut bacon, pulled pork, onion rings, Italian sausages, and the burgers themselves are 1/2 pound angus 80/20 beef.

It's not something I want to indulge in regularly, but for a splurge or a special occasion, this thing was PHENOMENAL. I'll attach pictures of the two burger types I got.

Burger of the Month for September: Notorious PIG. 8 oz burger topped with American cheese, Italian sausage, bacon, cole slaw, and pickles, sandwiched between two pulled pork grilled cheese sandwiches. Came with Steak Bomb Mac 'n Cheese (mac loaded with peppers, onions, and shaved beef) and Chowda Fries (wedge cut fries topped with clam chowder and bacon). Also comes with sides of baked beans and slaw.

Additional Burgers: the WTF. 8 oz burger topped with mac n cheese, pulled pork, an onion ring, pickles, on a buttered brioche bun.

Just in case anyone's interested, here's a $10 coupon code: BurgaBox $10 Credit

Attachments

• WTF--.jpg
    WTF--.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2
  • NPIG.jpg
    NPIG.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 4 people
Looks awesome. We're doing HelloFresh right now and it's pretty cool.

PoTS,

That looks legit! A little steep, but legit.

Agree completely. And I don't know that I'll stick with the monthly service, but for a once in a while thing it was awesome.

It wasn't until they threw in the boneless wings for free that I was convinced to try it.

We used both Blue Apron and Home Chef before. Home Chef seemed to have more options for different types of dietary needs. We had multiple issues with their packaging though and have since ended our service. At least we have a ton of good recipes that we could hold on to and re-make whenever we want. Only a few losers out of the bunch.

That looks ridiculously good (for a cheat day), but I looked on the website and can't wrap myself around paying $75 for 4 burgers and sides that I have to cook myself. I'd rather just go to Stock & Barrel and relax while somebody else fixes me a big nasty, for that kind of dough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
That looks ridiculously good (for a cheat day), but I looked on the website and can't wrap myself around paying $75 for 4 burgers and sides that I have to cook myself. I'd rather just go to Stock & Barrel and relax while somebody else fixes me a big nasty while I relax, for that kind of dough.

Completely agree with you. $75 is too much, even for the 4-person box.

I got the 2 person box ($59), and had a $20 coupon to get it down to $39. My wife and I split the burgers, and ate the other halfs the next day for lunch.

Plus, I got the "2 More Burgas" at checkout for $15, so that got us another dinner and then lunch the next day. We ate the boneless wings for dinner the following night.

All said and done, we got 3 dinners and 2 lunches for $54. But you're right, for $54, it would be just as good if not better to go out and let someone else prepare my heart attack on a plate. :)

VN Store

Back