Environment: Canadian Wildlife in Decline

armchair

Industrial development, farming, pollution, urban growth, deforestation: all those factors and more are shrinking habitat and causing the numbers of more than half the wildlife in Canada to decline. And of course what is happening in Canada is happening all over the planet.

I see real peril for our planet in the decades ahead--and lots of other people see it too. Overpopulation, overfishing, rampant pollution, grotesque over-development, farming and pesticides/herbicides, global warming. Slowly but steadily, mankind and its activities are killing this planet. The polar ice caps are melting. The oceans are full of plastic. Species are disappearing--and yet we've got lots of people who pretend there are no problems and don't give a damn about the future and what it might portend. They don't like environmental regulations, want to open public land to drilling, think it is ok to pollute mountain streams. The cumulative global effect of all this is going to create major problems for future generations. But we wouldn't want to inconvenience any industries seeking big profits, would we? Scary.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/15/canada-wildlife-study-decline-living-planet-report

Reactions: 1 person
That doesn't make any sense, you hate the rural lifestyle and those who live it. I thought you'd be proud of our ever-expanding urban landscapes.

Industrial development, farming, pollution, urban growth, deforestation: all those factors and more are shrinking habitat and causing the numbers of more than half the wildlife in Canada to decline. And of course what is happening in Canada is happening all over the planet.

I see real peril for our planet in the decades ahead--and lots of other people see it too. Overpopulation, overfishing, rampant pollution, grotesque over-development, farming and pesticides/herbicides, global warming. Slowly but steadily, mankind and its activities are killing this planet. The polar ice caps are melting. The oceans are full of plastic. Species are disappearing--and yet we've got lots of people who pretend there are no problems and don't give a damn about the future and what it might portend. They don't like environmental regulations, want to open public land to drilling, think it is ok to pollute mountain streams. The cumulative global effect of all this is going to create major problems for future generations. But we wouldn't want to inconvenience any industries seeking big profits, would we? Scary.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/15/canada-wildlife-study-decline-living-planet-report

Are you a vegan with a composting toilet that only walks and peddles to everywhere that you travel?

I admire your determination to bring this sort of stuff to an audience that will never listen to you nor try to have a real discussion about it. I wish I had that sort of free time.

God bless.

I admire your determination to bring this sort of stuff to an audience that will never listen to you nor try to have a real discussion about it. I wish I had that sort of free time.

God bless.

you aren't familiar with the troll that is armchair are you?

God bless.

There's lots of things people aren't willing to have a real discussion about. Neither you or armchair are special. Well, maybe he is. But not in a way anyone would be proud of.

No sense in saying God Bless to him, either. He'll label you a "yahoo" Christian. Or something along those lines.

sounds like armchair wants to have a great big purge. clean out the riff raff that is humanity. save the world, kill your neighbor.

There's lots of things people aren't willing to have a real discussion about. Neither you or armchair are special. Well, maybe he is. But not in a way anyone would be proud of.

No sense in saying God Bless to him, either. He'll label you a "yahoo" Christian. Or something along those lines.

Never claimed I was special. I am decidedly mediocre!

What if the headline had read "Nearly half of all monitored Canadian wildlife populations are up"?

What is normal? Half are down but about 45% are up. I honestly don't know what to make of the data, but the way you present it can sure skew perspective.

This from an op who would likely demonize some of the most environmentally active members of society in one of his mindless, anti-South rants. The "environmentalists" usually do more harm than good in this country

Hey armchair, starting a thread is not making an effort for change. Get off your bigoted old ass and do something

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back