Tailgating Setups

For anyone interested in the enclosed trailer tailgating idea I’ll give what advice I can. Kind of what I learned along the way I suppose. Go to Georgia to buy the trailer. There’s a good chance you’ll deal with a Mexican who speaks little English but you’ll save over 1k on a 6x12. Get a V nose trailer. You’ll want the extra room. Get 6 foot 6 interior height you’ll wanna be able to stand inside when needed. If your pockets are super deep you can take this venture on solo no problem. I went in with a couple of friends to help with costs it’s not cheap. Nothing about this is cheap. We had a 6x12 V Nose, 70 inch Tv, Honda style generator, Dish Tailgater Satellite, 15 chairs, 2 tables, and a canopy tent. It cost us about 8500 with us doing all the labor.

Parking for a game cost us about $225 per game, food for 10-15 would be another $250. Parking a trailer you have to be there at 3-4am to get a good parking spot. No UT pass kits allow trailers so the strip or Calhoun’s are your only option. Decals will also cost you a lot. We had about an additional 1,500 in decals on the outside made by a sign shop.

Getting the trailer home sucks. Pulling a trailer like that in crazy traffic is awful. You can’t leave until everyone else has pretty much.

What we found is everyone loves the trailer, you’ll have friends you never knew you had come out of the wood work. Unless you have great friends you’ll be doing all the work, they’ll be doing all the enjoying. Hope this helps some. We loved it but worked ourselves to death setting up and tearing down. We sold it a couple seasons ago and so so glad we did. I hope you enjoy, it’s certainly an experience. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

For anyone interested in the enclosed trailer tailgating idea I?ll give what advice I can. Kind of what I learned along the way I suppose. Go to Georgia to buy the trailer. There?s a good chance you?ll deal with a Mexican who speaks little English but you?ll save over 1k on a 6x12. Get a V nose trailer. You?ll want the extra room. Get 6 foot 6 interior height you?ll wanna be able to stand inside when needed. If your pockets are super deep you can take this venture on solo no problem. I went in with a couple of friends to help with costs it?s not cheap. Nothing about this is cheap. We had a 6x12 V Nose, 70 inch Tv, Honda style generator, Dish Tailgater Satellite, 15 chairs, 2 tables, and a canopy tent. It cost us about 8500 with us doing all the labor.

Parking for a game cost us about $225 per game, food for 10-15 would be another $250. Parking a trailer you have to be there at 3-4am to get a good parking spot. No UT pass kits allow trailers so the strip or Calhoun?s are your only option. Decals will also cost you a lot. We had about an additional 1,500 in decals on the outside made by a sign shop.

Getting the trailer home sucks. Pulling a trailer like that in crazy traffic is awful. You can?t leave until everyone else has pretty much.

What we found is everyone loves the trailer, you?ll have friends you never knew you had come out of the wood work. Unless you have great friends you?ll be doing all the work, they?ll be doing all the enjoying. Hope this helps some. We loved it but worked ourselves to death setting up and tearing down. We sold it a couple seasons ago and so so glad we did. I hope you enjoy, it?s certainly an experience. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Great advice. We will be up tomorrow for the game. First time taking the kid through all the tailgating

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is the construction on the strip done? We had our trailer when they first started. They hammered us on parking cost. Best spot I found was reigons bank. That spot was the best.

VN Store

Back