Hurricane Irma

gordonr24

Vol in West TN
Currently well across the Atlantic but forecasted to strengthen into a Cat 4 as if approaches the Lesser Antilles. Fingers crossed itll curve back to sea.

They're talking like it's gonna be a monster

I had a weird dream about this hurricane last night that it was gonna be the biggest hurricane in United States history.

I really hope that's not the case.

Look up wxrisk on Facebook. Kind of a jackass but shares very good info

I think with what just happened with Harvey, you're going to see the media paying a lot more attention to the storms. Harvey didn't get a lot of coverage before it jumped to Cat 3 so quickly.

Same thing happened after Katrina. You had storms getting a lot more attention in the immediate aftermath.

I think with what just happened with Harvey, you're going to see the media paying a lot more attention to the storms. Harvey didn't get a lot of coverage before it jumped to Cat 3 so quickly.

Same thing happened after Katrina. You had storms getting a lot more attention in the immediate aftermath.

That's true, though it was also just an active period around Katrina. We had to go to four Greek characters because we ran out of alphabet! And Hurricane Rita remains one of the strongest (3rd or 4th) Atlantic hurricanes in record.

Yeah, I keep checking noaa but I'll be in TN next week.

That's true, though it was also just an active period around Katrina. We had to go to four Greek characters because we ran out of alphabet! And Hurricane Rita remains one of the strongest (3rd or 4th) Atlantic hurricanes in record.

Yeah, that was a bad year.

Luckily, Rita blew itself out pretty quickly when it made landfall. Still a lot of destruction, however, made even worse since the temporary repairs from Katrina were destroyed during the landfall.

Taking that northerly swing now. Puerto Rico in the outer edge of the cone.

085648_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Euro models project a more southern course between Florida and the Carolinas

NOAA is North towards New England

The big factor appears to be the high pressure over the Atlantic. The stronger it is the more likely it will hit the US

Euro models project a more southern course between Florida and the Carolinas

NOAA is North towards New England

The big factor appears to be the high pressure over the Atlantic. The stronger it is the more likely it will hit the US

Between Florida and the Carolinas? You mean f'n Georgia? Hell no I don't want to evacuate.

Between Florida and the Carolinas? You mean f'n Georgia? Hell no I don't want to evacuate.

Georgia won't get hit by a hurricane. The locals down here are freaking out about Irma. I guess I'm a local now too,but the old locals are convinced it's headed here. I've been here for not even 2 weeks.

Georgia won't get hit by a hurricane. The locals down here are freaking out about Irma. I guess I'm a local now too,but the old locals are convinced it's headed here. I've been here for not even 2 weeks.

Where are you in Georgia?

If it continues it's predicted track, it looks like it would hit the Miami/Boca Raton/Palm Beach area.

Yeah. I've lived here five years.

Hurricanes normallly turn up and avoid this place. It's the most West the Atlantic coast or something like that. We got hit by a Cat 1 last October. I stayed, but I probably won't be around for anything stronger than that.

Don't blame you at all!

I wasn't very clear. I'm actually in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Have been for nearly 2 weeks. The track this storm is taking doesn't look good.

Oh, hopefully it'll curve in a big way and miss all of you!

Reactions: 1 person
The gators are probably hoping it will skirt the coast and bring them 2" of rain so they can postpone the game with the Vols until all their players are out on parole.

Reactions: 3 people
http://www.famousandyspizzeria.com

You have to get you a philly cheesesteak from that place if you haven't yet RDU. They deliver if you're close enough to them and open untill 3am.

I have heard of it. Haha thanks for the link. I may very will be ordering late night this weekend with the wife out of town. I could probably kill a a Philly cheese steak tonight.

VN Store

Back