Comcast - Merchant of Little

MphsBlues

Just got a msg from Comcast saying I had used 90% of my data usage for the month. I don't have a smart phone, just home computer. Kids are gamers (thus the data usage) and I just watch ESPN etc online. Yep, that's eating up some data, as well. Why a limit, anyway?

Also OP I have this message on my account --You have 2 courtesy months to exceed a 1024GB of usage without charge. -- have you used your 2 courtesy months up yet ? I havent ever gone over 90, so I guess Im safe from their crooked fees

Also OP I have this message on my account --You have 2 courtesy months to exceed a 1024GB of usage without charge. -- have you used your 2 courtesy months up yet ? I havent ever gone over 90, so I guess Im safe from their crooked fees

I got it, too. It says I've already used my 2 months of gratis overage. If it's about the almighty $, I am going to explain that they are about to receive less of them. As far as I'm concerned they are pricing themselves out of the marketplace. One damn over-usage charge is the last they will receive.

I got it, too. It says I've already used my 2 months of gratis overage. If it's about the almighty $, I am going to explain that they are about to receive less of them. As far as I'm concerned they are pricing themselves out of the marketplace. One damn over-usage charge is the last they will receive.

Problem is I think all of them have data fees now - Comcast was the last to have unltd in my area, so I kept them plus to get the SEC N , then they went to usage fee like all the rest. How much was the overage fee ? I see they have an unlimited plan for 50 a month more

They haven't' hit me with an overage fee yet. This is the first I've seen of limited plans. I guess that's about right, though. These companies seem to bend over backwards to try to make sure you're satisfied. Problem to me is they expect you to bend over FORWARD when they hand you the bill..

Attachments

• F It.jpg
    F It.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
They moved Memphis to limits a few years ago. It was 300GB originally. I went over once and bumped up against it a few times. They moved the cap to 1000GB last summer.

As noted, they do offer an unlimited plan. You can track your usage by month on their website.

They moved Memphis to limits a few years ago. It was 300GB originally. I went over once and bumped up against it a few times. They moved the cap to 1000GB last summer.

As noted, they do offer an unlimited plan. You can track your usage by month on their website.

Thanks, brother. I'll see what they say when I go to fire them. Probably nothing, and I'll end up bending forward again..

I was told they don't have unlimited in Memphis.

I was told they don't have unlimited in Memphis.

Odd. Everything I've seen is you can pay an extra $50/month for unlimited data. Not sure why they would restrict that in Memphis.

To make it cost effective, though, you would need to average over 1250GB per month of usage. If you go over on the regular plan, it's $10 for every 50GB beyond 1024GB.

Reactions: 1 person
Just got dvr from Comcast -- anyone know if it will record a live game that goes long or how to set it in case it does ?

Just got dvr from Comcast -- anyone know if it will record a live game that goes long or how to set it in case it does ?

Haven't had Comcast in years but when I did....there was a setting when you schedule the recording. You can have it add extra minutes before or after. Set it to record an extra hour or two.

OR, just set the next couple shows to record after the game.

Reactions: 508mikey
Haven't had Comcast in years but when I did....there was a setting when you schedule the recording. You can have it add extra minutes before or after. Set it to record an extra hour or two.
thanks - Ill have to do a test run before Saturday -- cant trust weather delays this time of year and of course OT

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
Comcast is reeling from online streaming devices and apps. They are a giant in the industry no doubt about that but they need to s**t or get off the pot. People want a la carte options , not 150 channels of filler
All their competitors are offering better options than just the "Triple Play" at $$$$$ per month.

We ditched cable 4 years ago and haven't looked back. No dish either, just internet. I can watch pretty much whatever I want online.

Reactions: davethevol
I have Comcast Internet and I've used about 250 Gigs in 10 days. We stream everything through Netflix, Amazon, DTV Now. I hope the 1024 is enough for a month.

If you have access get a cheap HD antenna, pick up the local channels. You can watch games that are on CBS, Fox etc an not affect GB.
In most cases the OTA picture is much clearer.

Reactions: Boca Vol
If you have access get a cheap HD antenna, pick up the local channels. You can watch games that are on CBS, Fox etc an not affect GB.
In most cases the OTA picture is much clearer.
Great idea! Thanks for the tip.

Pro Tip: If you had cable, look into mounting the antenna near there and connecting it to your old cable input. Then you don't have to run cabling in the house.

Yes sir, that's exactly how mine is connected to all sets. I even "re-purposed" comcast's splitter/amp. :cool:

Pro Tip: If you had cable, look into mounting the antenna near there and connecting it to your old cable input. Then you don't have to run cabling in the house.

I kinda did that. Only one TV in the house needs an antenna in the downstairs living room but it wasn’t getting a good reception with the flat amplified antenna I have. I have an older house and a lot of the cable was installed running up the sides of the house. I followed the cable running from a room upstairs to the basement, split the line and spliced it with the line running to the living room. Now with the antenna in the upstairs I get everything except NBC.

Yes. The X-1 box will extend a sporting event recording if it goes long. It usually states that when you set it up to record.

Reactions: 508mikey
Yes. The X-1 box will extend a sporting event recording if it goes long. It usually states that when you set it up to record.
I saw that an hour and a half run over -- set the record for the stupid stuff on after the game just in case there is a long weather delay

VN Store

Back