Teens filmed, mocked drowning disabled man

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Police: Teens filmed, mocked drowning disabled man

A group of teens, who filmed and mocked a disabled man as he slowly drowned in a pond, would not be criminally charged as no laws were broken in recording the video, Florida Police said Thursday.

Jamel Dunn, 32, drowned in a retention pond July 9 as the teens recorded his ordeal and did not bother to help him, or call for help in Cocoa, Florida. Dunn’s body was not discovered until three days, according to Florida Today, a part of the USA Today network.

"The kids were at the park that day smoking marijuana and apparently saw him walk into the water. He walked in on his own. They were watching him," he added.

"He started to struggle and scream for help and they just laughed. They didn’t call the police. They just laughed the whole time. He was just screaming ... for someone to help him," Yvonne Martinez, spokesman for the Cocoa Police Department said. "They just started recording what happened and watched until he died."

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lcd0QBZKyY[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
Some teens did Facebook live while raping a disabled girl the other day.

I imagine homes without fathers are a common theme here.

Reactions: 6 people
It's absolutely pathetic to think that people find pleasure in mocking rather than calling for help.

Reactions: 2 people
Its Cocoa..this represents what that town is made of.

a few things..

disabled? Not sure.

Why in the hell was he trying to swim?

Why in the hell was he in a retention pond in Florida?

And to be honest if I saw someone that far out in the water I'm sorry I'm not jumping in to gator infested waters to help a moron.

They should be dropped 2 miles offshore and have to make it back to live

a few things..

disabled? Not sure.

And to be honest if I saw someone that far out in the water I'm sorry I'm not jumping in to gator infested waters to help a moron.

You can still call for help

Reactions: 5 people

a few things..

disabled? Not sure.

Assuming the two answers are related

They didn't want to call for help because they were smoking weed. It wouldn't have mattered because the person went under about a minute into the video. If one of them had attempted a rescue there would probably be two bodies to recover. Unfortunately there was nothing anybody could have done to prevent the drowning

Despite how they acted while filming that video they're going to regret their decisions the rest of their lives. It will haunt them in some form or fashion.

Even if they called emergency services they most likely wouldn't have arrived within 2 minutes to save the guy but they might have had the chance to resuscitate him, or at the very least allow the family to have an open casket funeral. These fools couldn't even report the drowning after they'd finished smoking and left the park.

The bigger issue here is that these kids were unfazed as a man died in front of them.

That's not good.

Reactions: 3 people
If it was a hot chic would you have jumped in to save her despite the possible gators?

Its an interesting debate. Even if they would have called the police he would have almost certainly died. So should they be charged for not jumping in and saving him? Idk. If you see a terrible car accident and just keep driving should you be charged? No. Im not saying what they did was right by any means I just am not sure if that makes them criminals. Terrible peopl? Absolutely.

Its an interesting debate. Even if they would have called the police he would have almost certainly died. So should they be charged for not jumping in and saving him? Idk. If you see a terrible car accident and just keep driving should you be charged? No. Im not saying what they did was right by any means I just am not sure if that makes them criminals. Terrible peopl? Absolutely.

It's definitely interesting. From a conscience standpoint, not sure how they'll be able to stand knowing they tried nothing. Being a nurse I may think differently, as I stop for any wreck if there isn't any emergency on scene.

VN Store

Back