Go Pro Hero 5

SDV

Anyone have one? I am looking at buying one before my trip to Hawaii next month.

I have the Hero 3 Black. There's no real reason to get the 5 unless your a hardcore video guy (and even then, I don't think the 'upgrades' are quite worth it ):

I have an old school Hero2. I don't really use it much anymore but I really enjoyed having it on my vacation a few years ago. I initially bought it for mtn bike videos but realized they weren't as exciting as the stuff online haha. I think I would love one of the newer ones since their low light capabilities are much better along with higher quality

I would def recommend having a few different types of mounts. So either getting a chest mount, helmet, monopod, etc.

How do you like your Go Pro3?

Correction, I have the Hero 4 Black. It's awesome. Does more than I need it to

I have most of the mounts too. I plan on starting to use it with the motorcycle

How do you like it?

Correction, I have the Hero 4 Black. It's awesome. Does more than I need it to

I have most of the mounts too. I plan on starting to use it with the motorcycle

I have the one Yank does. IIRC, I read reviews and they indicated the 4 was a better fit for the casual user vs pro user.

I like it. Easy to use. Most useful thing I found was the handle accessory (I think it turns into a table top tripod too). Have mounted on the motorcycle and it's returned some good stuff. The stabilization feature works well.

I keep in on the handle on the counter so if one of my pets is doing something stupid I can document it quickly

I have the one Yank does. IIRC, I read reviews and they indicated the 4 was a better fit for the casual user vs pro user.

I like it. Easy to use. Most useful thing I found was the handle accessory (I think it turns into a table top tripod too). Have mounted on the motorcycle and it's returned some good stuff. The stabilization feature works well.

I keep in on the handle on the counter so if one of my pets is doing something stupid I can document it quickly

Thanks! I'm gonna go to Best Buy this weekend and check them out

I wound up getting a 5 with a bundle of a lot of stuff. I really like the rear screen

Last edited:
I have the 5 Black. Its pretty awesome. The video quality is amazing. I'm a big fan of the capture app as well. I do everything in video, then find the best frame to make into a picture. I have a toddler & he doesn't cooperate with taking pics. but if I get him to smile for a half of second, I can get a good image. I have made several compilation videos with a combination of pics & videos, via Splice app. I just took it snorkeling & got unreal pics!! Turtles, Angel Fish, Eel, Parrot Fish, Baracuda, Nurse Shark, etc. The fact that I can transfer & view media from GoPro wirelessly to my phone, makes it even more convenient.

I have the 5 Black. Its pretty awesome. The video quality is amazing. I'm a big fan of the capture app as well. I do everything in video, then find the best frame to make into a picture. I have a toddler & he doesn't cooperate with taking pics. but if I get him to smile for a half of second, I can get a good image. I have made several compilation videos with a combination of pics & videos, via Splice app. I just took it snorkeling & got unreal pics!! Turtles, Angel Fish, Eel, Parrot Fish, Baracuda, Nurse Shark, etc. The fact that I can transfer & view media from GoPro wirelessly to my phone, makes it even more convenient.

That's awesome man. Makes me happy I bought it

What are your favorite/most used accessories?

Any waterproof selfie stick recommendations? Preferably one I can use to fend off sharks in case of attack. :)

I bought a big bundle that came with a ton of accessories. Ived used the floatie device several times in the water. Most of the time I just hold the camera by itself lol

Had the original GoPro just got the 5 for Christmas. Loved the first one but having the rear screen is awesome and the remote is really cool. Bought a bundle of extras on EBay for $25 I think.

I got a bundle on Amazon, plus I added a "Handler" and a red filter for underwater. I also added a How-to book so hopefully I don't blow the shots. :) I have been messing with it in the pool and figuring things out a bit.

5997206cv12d.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

BlueWater_SnorkleFilter_PDP_1.jpg

s-l640.jpg

VN Store

Back