Master's Tickets

mdrew27

So after years without success I received an email telling me I've been selected in the Master's lottery. I was selected to purchase four tickets for the Monday practice round. I'm really excited and never thought I was going to get them after the last few years of disappointment.

I have a question for the expericenced patron. The website says that you still have to fill out an application and be selected for future years. I thought, no really sure why, that once you were selected you received tickets each year after as long as you kept buying and never did anything to upset anyone from the tournament. Can someone elaborate?

So after years without success I received an email telling me I've been selected in the Master's lottery. I was selected to purchase four tickets for the Monday practice round. I'm really excited and never thought I was going to get them after the last few years of disappointment.

I have a question for the expericenced patron. The website says that you still have to fill out an application and be selected for future years. I thought, no really sure why, that once you were selected you received tickets each year after as long as you kept buying and never did anything to upset anyone from the tournament. Can someone elaborate?

My understanding is that lottery winners are only entitled to that year's tickets. I've never won though, and I enter every year.

Reactions: 1 person
From what I understand, you only get that one year and then you have to re-apply. They are so hard to get. I've applied for years now with no luck. I've been lucky enough to go because of colleagues who could not make it.

I'm a patron and get the Thursday thru Sunday badges every year without re-applying. They send an e-mail around Christmas. You have to log on to their website and pay with a credit card by, I think, 1/31. Then they send the badges mid to late March.

I wonder if practice round patrons do not get automatic selection in coming years.

I went to practice rounds through the 70's and 80's, walked up to the gate, gave them about $8 or $10, and walked in. A lot has changed. I was told that the lottery winner is only good for that year.

You must enter the lottery every year for practice round tickets. I've done it for many years and I've gotten them some years and some years I have not.

13 years in a row for me now that I've gotten the "we regret to inform....." screen. Luckily I had a friend get picked once, and my work has some, so I've been able to go twice. Everyone needs to experience that place, not just golfers.

13 years in a row for me now that I've gotten the "we regret to inform....." screen. Luckily I had a friend get picked once, and my work has some, so I've been able to go twice. Everyone needs to experience that place, not just golfers.

I've been in the lottery every year and never gotten a single ticket.

when it gets closer to April, post a thread and many of us can give you some good advice

First thing: buy a digital camera (they WILL NOT allow phones on the golf course, even just to take pictures)

You need to put in a bunch. I have family and friends put in for me. I guess I've got 10 people that put in for me.

I've got 3 or 4 adopting from different addresses. No big deal. I've been to Augusta a bunch of times and I always go to Hilton Head the week after for the Heritage.

I've got 3 or 4 adopting from different addresses. No big deal. I've been to Augusta a bunch of times and I always go to Hilton Head the week after for the Heritage.

The Heritage is nice. I went once a few years back.

Congrats ! You will love it

Unfortunately I got the "we regret to inform you" email this year.

As has been said it's random every year. It took ten years before I got to go. Continue to apply.

Denied as well.

Probably going to Wrestlmania in NOLA, so whatever. I'll live.

The guy who assumed all golfers are uppity stuck up pricks needs to be in this thread to grasp how wide ranging golfers are. At least four people in this thread would jump all over Masters tickets and WM tickets

Never been, but have a Doctor friend that somehow got on as a Marshall many, many years ago, and has never let that lapse. He still is a Marshall during the Master's to this day. Their one and only benefit for their volunteer work that week....they all get to come back for a free round.

Denied as well.

Probably going to Wrestlmania in NOLA, so whatever. I'll live.

Talk about 2 total different ends of the spectrum. Going to the Masters or then crushing hand grenades on Bourbon Street before going to wrestle mania.

That's like saying I want to go dinner tonight at either Ruth's Chris or maybe Golden Coral instead.

VN Store

Back