Daytona Beach

mthomas169

Hey guys, I'm planning a vacation in Daytona beach. I've never been there and wanted to know what's there to do and good places to eat? I've been on TripAdvisor looking at things to do as well. Thanks!

Hey guys, I'm planning a vacation in Daytona beach. I've never been there and wanted to know what's there to do and good places to eat? I've been on TripAdvisor looking at things to do as well. Thanks!

Don't go to Daytona. Go to New Smyrna, next beach down. New Smyrna is a condo beach instead of hotels. You can get a nice 2 bedroom condo for what a hotel in Daytona will cost. There are more condos in very south daytona.

As to resturants, my favorite is Blackbeard's in new Smyrna. Even if you decide on Daytona, make the short drive to Blackbeards. I know others too that I'll post later. I'm in New Smyrna right now. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Don't go to Daytona. Go to New Smyrna, next beach down. New Smyrna is a condo beach instead of hotels. You can get a nice 2 bedroom condo for what a hotel in Daytona will cost. There are more condos in very south daytona.

As to resturants, my favorite is Blackbeard's in new Smyrna. Even if you decide on Daytona, make the shirt drive to Blackbeards. I know others too that I'll post later. I'm in New Smyrna right now. :)

I support this post. I hate Daytona beach, but we went down the coast a little to a place I want to think it was called cinnamon beach and loved it.

We drove into st Augustine and had a good time also.

I'll never forget my one trip to Daytona Beach. My 10 year-old son sees a big sign and asks "What kind of place is Biguns?" I replied "everybody knows that the best hamburger in Daytona is cooked by a man named Ray Bigun. That must be his restaurant."

I'll never forget my one trip to Daytona Beach. My 10 year-old son sees a big sign and asks "What kind of place is Biguns?" I replied "everybody knows that the best hamburger in Daytona is cooked by a man named Ray Bigun. That must be his restaurant."

Haha

We're thinking going to st. Augustine as well. I appreciate the info!

Last edited:
We're thinking going to st. Augustine as well. I appreciate the info!

St. Augustine is great. Walk the streets and there are a couple places that have good bands when the sun goes down. I think Prohibition Kitchen is one of them. And an old smoky place called Tradewinds.

We've stayed at St. Aug. Beach when visiting St. Aug and it was nice. They have a shuttle bus service so you can park at a beach hotel and shuttle into town. Convenient when different people in the family want to do different things.

Senor Burrito is a good little taco place. It's about the size of a bathroom but the foods good. Don Vito's Italian is good as well. If you want sea food, drive down a little farther to Boondocks. If you're looking for a good bar, I liked Ocean Deck.

The beach is fun, and you can drive on parts of it. Some like it, some don't. The boardwalk portion of the beach is no driving, near the Hilton. There's the Daytona Lagoon as well. It has a water park, arcade, laser tag, etc if you're bringing the kiddos, or just like stuff like that like me:)

Just a heads up, New Smyrna is the shark bite capital of the world. The waters there are literally shark infested.

I went to Daytona beach with my wife and 3-4 year old daughter. We drove out on the beach and set up camp and had a very enjoyable day. When the tide started coming in and it was time to leave I realized that someone had locked the door on the car with the keys in the ignition. The lock poppers charge a crazy amount for 10 seconds of work even when they're 10 feet away.
That's a lot of rambling for they raped me for unlocking my car and I've never been back.

Appreciate the info. I've never been to Florida. Excited about going. We already booked the room. I wanted an oceanfront to be able to drink some beers and listen to the ocean.

Reactions: 2 people
Crabby Joe's is a good place to eat. Go Sunday mornings for their all you can eat omelets. They bring in a special cook for those and they're the bomb.

I went to Daytona beach with my wife and 3-4 year old daughter. We drove out on the beach and set up camp and had a very enjoyable day. When the tide started coming in and it was time to leave I realized that someone had locked the door on the car with the keys in the ignition. The lock poppers charge a crazy amount for 10 seconds of work even when they're 10 feet away.
That's a lot of rambling for they raped me for unlocking my car and I've never been back.

You never went back cause some dumb ass locked the keys in the car and got charged for it? It's called capitalism.

Reactions: 4 people

As to resturants, my favorite is Blackbeard's in new Smyrna. Even if you decide on Daytona, make the short drive to Blackbeards. I know others too that I'll post later. I'm in New Smyrna right now. :)

Listen to this man because he knows what he's talking about. I used to go to new Smyrna yearly not too long ago. It's close enough to Daytona to take a short trip there if there's something there you want to do but there's stuff to do in new Smyrna if you're feeling lazy and it's not packed with people

You should reconsider… You will go home disappointed

We had thought about going to Destin Florida. But it's a longer drive, we will go there next year.

Destin and Tampa are a long way away. I love Destin but would go to the Bay first of I wanted more to do

VN Store

Back