Culver's Coming To Knoxville

They have one here in Clarksville. Still haven't tried it.

There's one near me in Newnan. It's pretty good. Different, though. And not cheap.

About the same price as going to lunch at Chili's or Applebee's but you order from a counter. Then you sit for a while and then go pick it up. The one here has the drink fountain located in the same narrow aisle that everyone goes through after they order and go to pick it up. You have to walk though a horde of people waiting to fill their drinks while carrying a tray full of food. Terrible flow design.

Last edited:
much better than Steak n Shake, imo. The frozen custard is why I'm happy to see them come to Knoxville.

There's one near me in Newnan. It's pretty good. Different, though. And not cheap.

About the same price as going to lunch at Chili's or Applebee's but you order from a counter. Then you sit for a while and then go pick it up. The one here has the drink fountain located in the same narrow aisle that everyone goes through after they order and go to pick it up. You have to walk though a horde of people waiting to fill their drinks while carrying a tray full of food. Terrible flow design.

Really?

Was the food good though? That's all anybody really cares about. Nobody makes a decision about a restaurant over "flow design". GTFOH...

Reactions: 2 people
Really?

Was the food good though? That's all anybody really cares about. Nobody makes a decision about a restaurant over "flow design". GTFOH...

It was ok. It was an observation as I was waiting for my food. There were a couple of near misses from people with arm loads of food weaving their way through a solid line of patrons waiting to fill their cups. It just seemed an odd way to design a process flow. I heard many comments about it being a terrible place to put the drink fountain.

I do not believe I said ones dining decisions should be based on floor layout; it just seemed odd.

Reactions: 2 people
Their food is fine, but the one around here makes you tell them what you WANT on your burger, not what you DON'T want. I'm an everything-but-onions guy, so I'm like "lettuce...tomato...mustard...cheese... did I say lettuce...oh...mayo...tomato...huh?...oh....
pickles..."

First world problems

Reactions: 1 person
Really?

If I'd never been, I wouldn't go based on his post. If they can't get the basic flow design right, they probably can't get the food right either. And, the ones I went to had nasty bathrooms. Maybe you should start paying more attention to restaurant design.

Or just stay home get a woman to make you a sammich. :)

VN Store

Back