Trash service in Powell?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
We are moving and I'm comparing sevices. Who does everyone use? Is there one that is generally better or a better deal than the others?

I live in halls & i use WCI. I pay $60 every 3 months. That might be a little pricey, but they haul off anything & everything. Furniture, lawn debri, appliances, etc. and they dont require it to be in bags or inside the can. I have absolutely no issues or complaints with them

There are 3 out here in my west Knoxville neighborhood that I'm aware of and they're obviously all competitive.

Waste Connections - blue trucks
Tennessee Trash - white trucks
Waste Management - green trucks

We've been using Waste Management for years and haven't had any real issues. Tennessee Trash was trying to scoop up customers from Waste Management with low pricing. We simply called Waste Management and they matched the price. If you're looking for recycling I don't know that any of them do it for free, there is typically always a small additional charge and they give you a second trash can to do it in.

You might want to check on Tri County, offers all necessary service and by far better price than Waste Management

You might want to check on Tri County, offers all necessary service and by far better price than Waste Management

If that's the group out of Maynardville, definitely go with them. We've lived in Halls for >30 years and used them all. No comparison - it's the best. I looked up my last bill, TriCounty Sanitation, LLC. Good service, polite, good price.

I'll assume they don't do west Knox County as I've never seen their trucks. Do they have a service map?

We use Waste Management because they will pick up 7 bags sitting on the ground next to what's in your can.

Haven't checked on Tri-County besides a flyer in the mailbox. They are half the price of WM. If they will also pick up the additional 7 bags I would switch. Anyone know if they will that uses them?

If that's the group out of Maynardville, definitely go with them. We've lived in Halls for >30 years and used them all. No comparison - it's the best. I looked up my last bill, TriCounty Sanitation, LLC. Good service, polite, good price.

I hate that group. They pick up trash in my neighborhood around 4:30 AM every Friday morning, which breaks a Knox county noise ordinance violation. Trash pick up is only allowed between the hours of 10 AM and 7 PM in Knox County. Someday I'll probably end up suing them for messing with my sleep.

I hate that group. They pick up trash in my neighborhood around 4:30 AM every Friday morning, which breaks a Knox county noise ordinance violation. Trash pick up is only allowed between the hours of 10 AM and 7 PM in Knox County. Someday I'll probably end up suing them for messing with my sleep.

Never heard of that. WM picks mine up at 6am on Friday mornings like clockwork.

Never heard of that. WM picks mine up at 6am on Friday mornings like clockwork.

I talked to the Knox County Law director's office about it. It's on the books and no one enforces it. They were flabbergasted that the Sheriff's department hasn't put a stop to it.

To my knowledge Tri County has no pickup limits....have often had extra bags along side the normal container and they have always picked up with no questions asked....

Reactions: 1 person
We are moving and I'm comparing sevices. Who does everyone use? Is there one that is generally better or a better deal than the others?

Oh yeah, as a life long resident of Powell, someone who has his PHD (Powell High Diploma), who's parents graduated from PHS (1958), who's children attend or have graduated from PHS, who owns businesses in Powell,

WELCOME!!!!

Oh yeah, as a life long resident of Powell, someone who has his PHD (Powell High Diploma), who's parents graduated from PHS (1958), who's children attend or have graduated from PHS, who owns businesses in Powell,

WELCOME!!!!

Thank you so much. We LOVE it here so far. Bought over on Emerald Forest Rd, beautiful area.

What business if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you so much. We LOVE it here so far. Bought over on Emerald Forest Rd, beautiful area.

What business if you don't mind me asking?

If I told you exactly what I did you'd could find out who I am with a quick Google search. Anonymity is not such a bad thing :). Let's just say that I manufacturer big things. If you really want to know, I could get you an email. Emerald Forest is off Sharp Rd? That is a nice neighborhood. Powell is really growing. Bad thing about it is the traffic that goes with it.

Are you church going folks?

Last edited:
If I told you exactly what I did you'd could find out who I am with a quick Google search. Anonymity is not such a bad thing :). Let's just say that I manufacturer big things. If you really want to know, I could get you an email. Emerald Forest is off Sharp Rd? That is a nice neighborhood. Powell is really growing. Bad thing about it is the traffic that goes with it.

Are you church going folks?

lol understandable. Just curious.

Yeah it's off Sharp. What's this Front Porch place all about? Also, since you're native, do you know what this weird half-built house across from Front Porch is all about, right on the corner of Sharp? Looks like someone started building it then gave up.

We are church going folks. Looking for a home church but we need Saturday services. Any ideas?

Sorry to pick your brain to death lol

lol understandable. Just curious.

Yeah it's off Sharp. What's this Front Porch place all about? Also, since you're native, do you know what this weird half-built house across from Front Porch is all about, right on the corner of Sharp? Looks like someone started building it then gave up.

We are church going folks. Looking for a home church but we need Saturday services. Any ideas?

Sorry to pick your brain to death lol

The front porch is a relatively new restaurant. I've never eaten there but my better half ate there last week. They have a bunch of different burgers. She said it was good but a little pricey.

I grew up in Powell Church. It used to be known as Powell United Methodist Church. It's still a UM church but as many churches have done they've deemphasized the affiliation. Like I said, I was raised in that church, married my wife there, and have raised my children there. Unlike many UM churches that tend to move ministers around, we have had only three or four minsiters in the last 40 years or so, the last one being there for 20 plus years until he retired a little over a year ago. His replacement is a younger guy and I really like him. We have two sanctuaries and the new/larger one has the contemporary service. I didn't care for the contemporary service at first but I went because I thought my kids would like it better. It has really grown on me. The band is awesome. We have three services on Sunday mornings, 9:30 contemporary, 11:00 contemporary, and 11:00 traditional in the old sanctuary. I don't think we have Saturday services but don't hold me to that. You can check it out at Powellchurch.com

Ask away brother. I'd love to buy you lunch one day or something.

Also, as to the house. It is creepy. It's been there since before I was born in some shape or another. That area used to be very flood prone and I've seen it under water years ago. I think they've got that area draining better now and I've not seen the water get that high in years. That house reminds me of the Amity horror house with those windows. I don't know the back story on it.

I had to google it.

Is this what you guys are talking about?

shack.jpg

It looks like an abandoned brick shed?

VN Store

Back