Splash Country

1725gatorhater

Nice park but very disappointed. Yes water was ice cold as normal at this time of season and cluster F of people but food stations very slow and better not have a spouses credit card or Dollywood gold pass. My 5 year old daughter wanted lunch and my wife got the bland lunch only to have to be questioned about my gold pass. As we was leaving I wanted to buy a refill of coke in season pass cup only to wait 30 minutes for it and teenie bopper saying I can't use my wife's debit card while using my gold pass for a $1 refill. I told her to dump it that I was done with this place. Love hospitality of Dollywood and Dollywood Dreammore but wish I would never got gold pass. Nice park if hit middle of week in summer with plenty food in your car outside but food vendors are nothing but rude ass high schoolers. If I ever go back which is very unlikely I will never drop a $ on their concessions or extras besides a small ass locker.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yeah the food and drinks at Dollywood are a rip off. Its ridiculous enough its $12 to park.

Yeah the food and drinks at Dollywood are a rip off. Its ridiculous enough its $12 to park.
The key is to get a couple of their mugs for $1 refills but having your spouses credit card or gold pass while taking care of 5 year old is a task it's self with all the people there. They need common sense if you have your spouses card has same last name for a freaking $1 refill... please refill.

When my kids were young we would eat breakfast on the way in. Spend 4-6 hours in the park, maybe have an ice cream bar or a drink. When you leave there's probably a couple hundred restaurants within a 10 minute drive. Don't expect real customer service inside an amusement park.

Seems like younger generation is working at Splash County with no hospitality and very rude but ate at Dollywood and got everything to eat with older generation serving us that was very polite. Seems like youger generation needs to learn manners and being hospitable when working with public. Bad service is my biggest turn off of anything if I am coming back and will give another place a second try if food sucked but being disrespectful and difficult then I am 1 and done.

Yeah, the real problem here is youth. A manager probably told her to follow this rule or that rule and not to deviate. Instead of thinking for herself and being accommodating she followed said rule and pissed someone off. Even though the refill was only going to be a $1 it's still going to be worth more than whatever quantity of coke she was going to put in the cup. The real sad thing is now not only did they lose money but they've got a pissed off a gold season pass carrier.

Yeah, the real problem here is youth. A manager probably told her to follow this rule or that rule and not to deviate. Instead of thinking for herself and being accommodating she followed said rule and pissed someone off. Even though the refill was only going to be a $1 it's still going to be worth more than whatever quantity of coke she was going to put in the cup. The real sad thing is now not only did they lose money but they've got a pissed off a gold season pass carrier.

Yea. How rude of that teenager to follow management's rules. Teenagers these days, can't get them to do anything right.

If the rule is the rule, fault those in charge. You can't be this dumb

Yea. How rude of that teenager to follow management's rules. Teenagers these days, can't get them to do anything right.

If the rule is the rule, fault those in charge. You can't be this dumb
Using common sense goes a long ways and being a jerk is not getting any of my business especially getting in line again for 30 minutes in a rude ass kids line.

When my kids were young we would eat breakfast on the way in. Spend 4-6 hours in the park, maybe have an ice cream bar or a drink. When you leave there's probably a couple hundred restaurants within a 10 minute drive. Don't expect real customer service inside an amusement park.

As someone that worked at Disney World I can whole heartedly disagree with that blanket statement. You spend a week training behind the scenes before they put you in the park and 85% of that training is focused on guest satisfaction.

I can't speak for DW or Splash Country specifically. I'm sure they hire a bunch of local kids and give them
Minimal training.

OP, take you complaint to customer service. I'm sure they will bend over backwards for you.

The key is to get a couple of their mugs for $1 refills but having your spouses credit card or gold pass while taking care of 5 year old is a task it's self with all the people there. They need common sense if you have your spouses card has same last name for a freaking $1 refill... please refill.

Who cares whose card it is. Take the money.

It also gets you fired for not following company policy
lol don't think a $1 refill is a $5 Michelob. Like I said not to many people with my last name especially when I have her credit card and drivers license. If management is training them to be ignorant than their business will eventually take a drop off and maybe hurt employment of an extra worker or so. The real busy days can make you or break you with a little understanding. Will it hurt Splash Country? Probably very little but several people planning on coming back changes their mind on concessions and
go to car or leave park for lunch is not good for the business.

Last edited:
Go to car or leave park for lunch is not good for the business.

Yeah, it's so terrible for their business that under their FAQs section, they note picnic tables are set up right outside of their gates for use by all customers.

lol don't think a $1 refill is a $5 Michelob. Like I said not to many people with my last name especially when I have her credit card and drivers license. If management is training them to be ignorant than their business will eventually take a drop off and maybe hurt employment of an extra worker or so. The real busy days can make you or break you with a little understanding. Will it hurt Splash Country? Probably very little but several people planning on coming back changes their mind on concessions and

If they allow one person to do it, then everybody is going to want to do it.

You're not special.

Neither is anybody else.

Reactions: 4 people

You're not special.

Neither is anybody else.

I am dang it, and you best not forget it😬

Seems like younger generation is working at Splash County with no hospitality and very rude but ate at Dollywood and got everything to eat with older generation serving us that was very polite. Seems like youger generation needs to learn manners and being hospitable when working with public. Bad service is my biggest turn off of anything if I am coming back and will give another place a second try if food sucked but being disrespectful and difficult then I am 1 and done.

Me and my wife were 1/4 and done. Years ago. The abject rudeness of some high school kids working in service jobs is truly unbelievable.

We had just got inside. Our daughter just started college, and three of her friends who had never been hit the attractions. So we sat down to eat and our waitress brought the coffee to "fill" our cups. Yeah right! A little over half full. I asked for more explaining I took mine black. She looked at me like I had three ears while splashing a little more in the cup and on the table, turned around and left.

We did too. That was the last straw. We had encountred that attitude since we walked into the park with our family. So we left, picked up food and drove to Chimney Tops and had a picnic.

The kids had fun and made their way home in her car. But as seniors, we see no reason for us to go to Splash Country unless we hear there's been a sea change in how summer help treats older customers.

You're not special.

Neither is anybody else.
No...I am not better than anyone else but you probably don't have a 5 year old to attend to between mother and father. Being understanding in this not so perfect world is what I am getting at. I will probably not do super pass again. I can go to the Wilderness of the smokies and go to Dollywood theme park next day if we want to go to a waterpark ...about same price as we paid for Dreammore resort.

I'm not arguing that it seems like a dumb rule. I'm arguing you can't blame a high school kid for following company policy. The kid is doing his/her job and following the instructions given by the supervisors and management. Imagine how busy that kid is. You just stood in line for 30 minutes. That kid is serving every customer with what they ask for and trying to follow company policy, all while making less than $8/hour. As stated early by me, understand who you are mad at first. Then approach whatever complaints you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm not arguing that it seems like a dumb rule. I'm arguing you can't blame a high school for following company policy. The kid is doing his/her job and following the instructions given by the supervisors and management. Imagine how busy that kid is. You just stood in line for 30 minutes. That kid is serving every customer with what they ask for and trying to follow company policy, all while making less than $8/hour. As stated early by me, understand who are mad at first. Then approach whatever complaints you want
I can agree to that. They are poorly managed because they are there to serve and be solution not the problem. They are also not apologetic a bit and don't seem to try to help.

Last edited:
I can agree to that. They are poorly managed because they are there to serve and be solution not the problem. They are also not apologetic a bit and don't seem to try to help.

70% of those coming through the line are trying to get some sort of extra hook up that's not part of company policy. Those kids didn't set the ridiculous prices or standards, they are put in place to adhere to them. If they start succumbing to every request, management cracks the whip for the price margin dropping significantly at the concessions. The kid loses either way and loses way more if he starts breaking company policy because you are using someone else's CC. I'm honestly not sure I blame Splash Country for their SOP, but I certainly see no fault in what the kid is doing to you.

VN Store

Back