Cookware Thread

Coug

What are you guys cooking with on the stove these days?

I've been trying the white ceramic coated pans and they seem to cook and clean really well. The only downside is someone ends up accidentally grabbing something metal like a fork or a spatula and scraping the pan.

Anyone tried the copper pans?

The copper cookware has been great. The only downside, they aren't available in a wide range of sizes yet.

Stainless steel mostly with a couple of non stick skillets, and cast iron, both plain and an enameled dutch oven.

A calphalon contemporary set will be my next cookware set purchase. I have 2 big frying pans now and love them so eventually I'll get the entire set. You can put them in the dishwasher, they're durable and I love using them.
As far as the cooper set you see on infomercials I've heard very bad things. I was looking into getting one and after doing my research on it I said no way. I don't remember all the reasons why, but I do know many people said they aren't durable, the quality control was very poor and they scratch very easily.

Mostly Calphalon Try Ply stainless steel with a couple of Sur La Table Try Ply to fill in sizes. These cook very evenly and are pretty easy to clean.

I use a cast iron skillet almost every time I cook and also use a Le Creuset Dutch Oven regularly.

I use a cast iron skillet almost every time I cook and also use a Le Creuset Dutch Oven regularly.

I love cast iron, and we have some of the white ceramic coated pans as well. We've been through a few, some problems scorching and scratching, but that may be our own fault.

I'd love to get some Le Creuset gear, but that's a big investment!

I love cast iron, and we have some of the white ceramic coated pans as well. We've been through a few, some problems scorching and scratching, but that may be our own fault.

I'd love to get some Le Creuset gear, but that's a big investment!

Yeah, they don't give Le Creuset away, picking it up on sale is key. There are a couple of Le Creuset outlet stores somewhat close to me.

The best thing I own right now is my first Henckels knife. Purchased a Santoku from the Zwilling Pro series. That knife is sexy as hell

Reactions: 1 person
I keep going back to cast iron. It don't care if you leave it on a campfire with baked beans in it and burn them black. You could clean it with a hatchet and river sand, boil it out, re-season it, and it'd look & cook like it always has.

And it cooks great.

Reactions: 3 people
The best thing I own right now is my first Henckels knife. Purchased a Santoku from the Zwilling Pro series. That knife is sexy as hell

I would love to have a couple of Shun knives. Their Premier line is amazing:

Attachments

• Shun.jpeg
    Shun.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 146
I would love to have a couple of Shun knives. Their Premier line is amazing:

Have you tried any of the Victorinox? I have had their 10" chef's knife for about 5 years and haven't ever thought about breaking out my Arkansas Tri-Hone on it.

Only $50 on Amazon.com.

Have you tried any of the Victorinox? I have had their 10" chef's knife for about 5 years and haven't ever thought about breaking out my Arkansas Tri-Hone on it.

Only $50 on Amazon.com.

I have not

Only $50 on Amazon.com.

Speaking of sharpening, do you think that tri stone is best way.

I have one of the ceramic coated pans and it works fine. I also have 2 of the copper pans...all bought at Ollies for around $15 each.

I have a Shun pairing knife and a Chef's knife, they are solid. I also use the inexpensive Kuhn knives a lot, those are a great value.

Same, plus steak knives. Love them. Also have a Miyabi Fusion Chef's we like a lot.

VN Store

Back