S-Town

volinbham

VN GURU
Anyone listen to this podcast? Apparently the most downloaded podcast of all time.

I'm through Ep 5 of 7. Highly entertaining and takes place not to far from here.

Crazy story from the This American Life and Serial people.

https://stownpodcast.org/

I did a few weeks ago. Really intriguing story with lots of twists. McKlemore seemed like quite the character.

When you finish checkout the episode of here's the thing with Alec Baldwin where he interviews Brian Reed. They discuss the making of it good stuff.

Hated it but I also went in expecting it to be like the first season of Serial which is what it was compared to.

John B was a fascinating guy, but I was disappointed with the way it ended. Seemed incomplete.

If you want to hear something along the same lines that's still going, try "Up and Vanished". It's highly addictive.

John B was a fascinating guy, but I was disappointed with the way it ended. Seemed incomplete.

If you want to hear something along the same lines that's still going, try "Up and Vanished". It's highly addictive.

Seems a lot of these type things feel incomplete. Like Serial.

I guess because life is open ended and not everything is always answered. Especially when someone dies unexpectedly then chunks of the story will never be told.

thanks for posting about S Town and Up and Vanished. The wife and I are always enjoy listening to these type of serials while traveling

John B is a freaking nut

He's definitely a character. Then just when you think it can't get any stranger you find out that....

He's getting tattooed and nipple piercings because he's addicted to the pain

He's definitely a character. Then just when you think it can't get any stranger you find out that....

He's getting tattooed and nipple piercings because he's addicted to the pain

sub-buzz-1242-1491939221-1.jpg

I would agree. I thought it wrapped up pretty well even with the loose ends.

Wonder if Tyler ever found that gold?

That was part of the disappointment for me. There seemed to be a whole story that they just walked away from.

That was part of the disappointment for me. There seemed to be a whole story that they just walked away from.

I don't think that story was ever there. The narrator emphasized it but clearly knew prior to the telling that it was a dead end. It made for a compelling hook to keep you listening but it was never the core story.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel mislead by the story trajectory. It was interesting but they sold something different.

In particular, the narrator used the interviews with the list people to create a conspiracy theory against the cops and the lady John B called while killing himself.

Like Grudemonium - it was all smoke-screeny

VN Store

Back