OT: Oneida oil fields.....

rockydoc

When I was in college, I co-oped one summer in Oneida, Tn. They had hit oil nearby, and at night the area was lit up by the burning off of the natural gas from these wells. A few families became wealthy, I was told. I live in another state now but wonder if the wells are still active?

When I was in college, I co-oped one summer in Oneida, Tn. They had hit oil nearby, and at night the area was lit up by the burning off of the natural gas from these wells. A few families became wealthy, I was told. I live in another state now but wonder if the wells are still active?

There are wells in Big South Fork area that are abandoned. Not sure if they are still active....

There are Wells all over that area. I witnessed some pumping and some idle. I was curious and asked a fellow one time and he said it has a lot to do with the price of crude. Once it gets so low, many choose not to pump.

It's that way all around eastern Kentucky also. Just random pumpjacks here and there. I think what the other guy said is true. They only pump when the price is high, or they need some money, because they are idle most of the time.

It's that way all around eastern Kentucky also. Just random pumpjacks here and there. I think what the other guy said is true. They only pump when the price is high, or they need some money, because they are idle most of the time.

Hey dude, I'm not just some other guy.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back