Your Boycott List?

bignewt

The Scoffer Kid
Lab Rat
Thought I would find out what businesses or products you will never use or step foot in and why...

For me

Exxon - I was in AK when the spill happened and they flat out did nothing to clean it up and fought tooth and nail to not pay for anything.

McDonalds- Super Size Me did it for me

Subway - Their commercials are irritating and their meat tastes like plastic

Reactions: 1 person
Starbucks - not only does it taste like burnt coffee but there anti 2nd amendment along with every single person in there working on a school project or having a loud business meeting makes me turn to Dunkin or even 7/11 or just brew my own coffee at home.

Reactions: 6 people
Heinz ketchup - a final lingering effect of the 2004 presidential election.

any passenger vehicle (except hybrids) that is offered exclusively with a CVT. Nissan, in particular, is on my **** list. By all measures, the Maxima and Altima are fine cars, but are let down by Nissan's decision to use only rubber band transmissions.

Starbucks also. The hiring 10,000 reguees thing did it for me.

Google
Facebook
CNN
---- all for political reasons

Chevrolet - Have driven several vehicles of theirs as rentals, and all, including a 70k Surburban with only 30k miles on it, were pieces of garbage
-
Burger King - the food tastes like charbroiled regret

Reactions: 6 people
Walgreens -- price gougers on drugs, once charged my ins 800 for 1 prescription and didnt show it on the receipt

Walmart/Sams Club - treat their workers like garbage. Twice built new stores a mere mile from their previous store and the buildings have sat empty for almost 10 years now. I haven't been in one since they announced the first of the two new stores.

Starbucks - the coffee just sucks and I like supporting mom and pop coffee shops.

Lowe's/Home Depot/Etc. - prefer places like True Value or Ace Hardware in which I can get some actual knowledgeable help.

Keurig - their K-Cups are an environmental disaster.

Any Crossfit gym or chiropractor.

Whole Foods or any "natural grocer" because organic is just a marketing buzzword and not actually more healthy or better for the environment.

There's a lot more where these came from.

Reactions: 2 people
D!ck's. Their anti-AR stance after Sandy Hook and they ask for ID if you buy a knife. WTF?

Starbucks, besides being pretentious, it's coffee FFS, their management needs to GTFO with their political stuff.

Don't even want to start with Hollywood . . . The Academy Awards, Golden Globe, etc.

Reactions: 3 people
I wouldn't say I boycott anything per se but I avoid:

Walmart as much as possible. I hear their employee treatment has improved over the past few years but I swear my IQ drops 20-30 points just walking through the parking lot.

Papa Johns... love Peyton.... hate Papa. Plus their pizza is as average as it gets.

Basically all fast food.

I get my gas from Kroger most often but I will drive past a BP or Exxon if I can avoid it. Not that Shell isn't without their own issues.

Starbucks annoys me but I don't drink coffee anyway so it's not like they would ever have my business. My wife likes it.

Wendy's, BK, McDonald's, Hardees, or any other ff burger chain. I haven't had a hamburger in over 2 years and have no intention of that ever changing. I don't see it as a boycott as much as a choice to try to eat healthier.

I also refuse to buy Starbucks overpriced coffee. I can't imagine that it could be any better than my Folgers that I make at home.

Wendy's, BK, McDonald's, Hardees, or any other ff burger chain. I haven't had a hamburger in over 2 years and have no intention of that ever changing. I don't see it as a boycott as much as a choice to try to eat healthier.

I also refuse to buy Starbucks overpriced coffee. I can't imagine that it could be any better than my Folgers that I make at home.

Wife and I avoid ff burger chains as well. She text me an hour ago saying she was craving a Wendys hamburger.

All Trucking companies who allow their Trucks to drive in the left lane of the interstate 10 miles per hr below the speed limit

Reactions: 3 people

Good place to see the unemployed solving the worlds problems

Cheaper than Dirt - those a-holes raising prices immediately after Sandy Hook and then having the gall to say "well, someone will pay for it."

T-Mobile - Because their service sucks outside of any metro area (or did, don't have intentions of finding out if they got better)

The Braums in my town - Because somehow you manage at least three-quarters of the time to omit the "bacon" portion of "bacon cheeseburger." And furthermore, Bacon Cheeseburger =/= Add guacamole to said cheeseburger and still forget the bacon.

Rock & Brews Concert Bar & Grill in LAX - A-holes

I'd used to almost prefer to walk rather than take US Air. But since they are defunct...

Does it count as a boycott if you refuse to buy something without ever having bought it before? I refuse to buy a Smart Car. It's like the creepiest clown car known to mankind. I'd pedal a Huffy with far more pride and probably still get there faster.

I'll add Starbucks to my list as well. If I can listen to Free Bird in the time it takes you to order your coffee then you are truly an a$$hole!

I don't have a list - there are some things I don't like of course but nothing I'm avoiding out of protest (nothing I can think of)

VN Store

Back