Daily Beacon Will No Longer Publish Daily Paper

I was part of a large, co-ordinated effort that stole every Daily Beacon on campus early one morning in about 1969 or 70. We had people following delivery drops to every building , including Safety and Security (Campus Police). As soon as the delivery was dropped, we picked them up and brought thousands of Daily Beacons to 4th Floor West at Reese Hall. We got caught a few hours after the great heist.

Reactions: 1 person
The Beacon was perfect bathroom reading.

There was a bathroom in the Geology building (I think they call it EPS now) on the 4th floor. The stall had a shelf and a old high arched window that looked out to Neyland and the river.

Perfect place for a midday deuce.

Oh well. Another nail in the coffin. What are all the journalism students going to do? I guess they're all writing blogs. Sigh . . .

In a related story carburetors and typewriters were removed from the teaching plans in both the business and engineering schools.

I was part of a large, co-ordinated effort that stole every Daily Beacon on campus early one morning in about 1969 or 70. We had people following delivery drops to every building , including Safety and Security (Campus Police). As soon as the delivery was dropped, we picked them up and brought thousands of Daily Beacons to 4th Floor West at Reese Hall. We got caught a few hours after the great heist.

I was a student and remember that well. Do you happen to remember when the wooden annex building on The Hill caught on fire and burned during finals and the Beacon reported several people perished only to discover that the bodies were cadavers from some anatomy class :eek:lol:

I remember working on that crossword every day right after reading the crime log. Not sure I would get the same enjoyment with an online version

I was a student and remember that well. Do you happen to remember when the wooden annex building on The Hill caught on fire and burned during finals and the Beacon reported several people perished only to discover that the bodies were cadavers from some anatomy class :eek:lol:
Yes, it was behind G&G.

I remember working on that crossword every day right after reading the crime log. Not sure I would get the same enjoyment with an online version

Crossword was easy until Friday when they used the NYT one.

We made sure to cut out every crime log we managed to get into. One time the RA's put up a sign threatening whoever was doing what we were doing, so we stole it.

VN Store

Back