Where Coke Tastes So Good

Coug

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eyw-jewWCg[/youtube]

It actually reveals McDonald's as the place where coke tastes the best.

The reason:
“The water and Coca-Cola syrup are pre-chilled before entering our fountain dispensers with the ratio of syrup set to allow for ice to melt. We also keep our fountain beverage system cold so your drink can always be at the peak of refreshing. In order to ensure our drinks are always meeting a gold standard, we have proper filtration methods in place.”

Soft drinks of any size at McDonald's will only cost $1. $2 for all McAfee drinks.

Last edited:
McDonald's coke taste so good it's almost like a different drink. I don't drink much soda these days, but I can't resist a coke from McDonald's every now and then.

McDonald's coke taste so good it's almost like a different drink. I don't drink much soda these days, but I can't resist a coke from McDonald's every now and then.

It really does taste better in general out of a bottle than it ever will out of plastic or aluminum. It costs a little more because it's in glass but the next time you're out and about grab a glass bottle at the gas station or even the glass Mexican bottles they sell at Walmart for $1. They're said to have a stronger syrup flavor.

It really does taste better in general out of a bottle than it ever will out of plastic or aluminum. It costs a little more because it's in glass but the next time you're out and about grab a glass bottle at the gas station or even the glass Mexican bottles they sell at Walmart for $1. They're said to have a stronger syrup flavor.

This reminds me of my grand dad who lived in Old Hickory and loved Coca-Cola out of a bottle. On the day that the radical formula change was announced in April of 1985 he went down to his local Piggly Wiggly and bought every bottled six pack they had and kept them in the basement drinking one a day until they were gone. That change was like a death in the family to him. LOL.

Reactions: 1 person
I always wondered why McDonald's coke tasted better than else where.

This reminds me of my grand dad who lived in Old Hickory and loved Coca-Cola out of a bottle. On the day that the radical formula change was announced in April of 1985 he went down to his local Piggly Wiggly and bought every bottled six pack they had and kept them in the basement drinking one a day until they were gone. That change was like a death in the family to him. LOL.

Similar here.

I remember walking to store for mine and getting him some cokes. I believe they were big heavy glass one liter bottles? 4 in a pack?

Fountain Coke definitely tastes like a different drink. I think not just from McDonald's (never noticed it tasting particularly better there), but pretty much anywhere. It's more like the original Coke, before they came out with the New Coke and Coke Classic BS. Otherwise I cannot stand Coke, as it feels like I'm drinking syrup.

The Mexican ones use real sugar instead of high fructose.

I agree about the glass bottle being best. I even prefer a can over plastic. In fact I never buy coke in a plastic bottle.

As for fountain drinks... coke suggest only filling the cup with 2/3 ice for the optimal experience.

And fun fact... those fancy new fountain machines that add all the funky flavors was designed by the same guy who invented the Segway. It was a joint partnership he made with coke in exchange for helping him distribute his water distilling machines to remote parts of the world.

Reactions: 2 people
Ha! When I do the google search this thread is the 5th result.

Ice is for suckers. I never put it in a fountain drink at a fast food place.

Mexican Coke tastes a little flatter to me, but I like it.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a glass bottle Coke fan (same with beer).

McDonalds Coke doesn't taste any different than any other food chain IMO

Glass bottles really are the best. Don't know why, but it tastes different in a glass bottle than it does plastic or aluminum. But fountain-wise, I'd agree McD's is the best.

Agreed. But it does taste better than a coke in a 20 ounce plastic bottle. No?

Probably. I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a bottle of Coke or really any soda. I only drink it when I go out to eat and even then I try to stay away from sodas.

VN Store

Back