United Airlines New Seating Chart

volinbham

VN GURU
Check the news if you don't know what this is in reference to

TKLs9lo.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
This is a doctor whose only crime is needing to see his patients in the morning.

EXuO7HL.gif

But, we now have new usage for the term "reaccommodate," and for this, we thank United.

You know the dudes that muscled him off were loving every minute of it. It was like they was winnin state all over again.

Reactions: 9 people
It's a terrible airline. We have refused to fly on United after a world of horrors when using them several years ago. Would take a full page to write everything they did wrong. Knoxville to Alaska and return, ample opportunity to screw up everywhere and they managed to do so. Hope they pay figuratively and literally for this.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, I'll join that boycott, at least until the next time I'm buying airline tickets, and then it's back to who has the best schedule at the best rate. Because, you know, real life and bank accounts.

Reactions: 6 people
It's a terrible airline. We have refused to fly on United after a world of horrors when using them several years ago. Would take a full page to write everything they did wrong. Knoxville to Alaska and return, ample opportunity to screw up everywhere and they managed to do so. Hope they pay figuratively and literally for this.

I'm sure Delta appreciates the deflection of publicity. They've cancelled over 3,500 flights since the middle of last week because of one storm through Atlanta which they insist was 'unprecedented'.

I stopped flying them years ago. I've flown thousands of miles on virtually every airline and they have been clearly the worst I've ever flown. I know people have had different experiences but for me it's not even close.

The last time I flew internationally was on United and I swear they had the same old, fugley battle axes on both legs of the flight. All of the flight attendants were 50+ and either bitter old women or gay guys. Heaven forbid you sat on the isle because their fat asses wouldn't let you sleep as they plowed into each and every chair as they plowed up the isle.
They have a real problem on their hands with this latest debacle, deplaning a paid for passenger to replace him with a United crew member because they overbooked the flight and cared more for they flight crew than the paying customer.

The reports I have read state that $800 was the final offer for a credit to any passenger willing to give up their seat. What a bunch of tight asses! I can't believe United wasn't willing to go higher than that before resorting to dragging someone down the aisle.

The last time I flew internationally was on United and I swear they had the same old, fugley battle axes on both legs of the flight. All of the flight attendants were 50+ and either bitter old women or gay guys. Heaven forbid you sat on the isle because their fat asses wouldn't let you sleep as they plowed into each and every chair as they plowed up the isle.
They have a real problem on their hands with this latest debacle, deplaning a paid for passenger to replace him with a United crew member because they overbooked the flight and cared more for they flight crew than the paying customer.
I guess hey let him back in but what if you had to be the crew member getting that seat.

Uh, hey everybody. Lol

I just looked this up and according to the Dept. of Transportation guidelines regarding involuntary denied boarding, an involuntarily bumped traveler who arrives at his final destination more than 4 hours late is entitled to an amount worth 400% of his one way fare capped at a maximum of $1,350. So, it doesn't even make good business sense that they didn't go to at least $1,350 before involuntarily bumping someone. $800 was being cheap no matter how you slice it.

Also, we all know that it is a common practice for flights to be overbooked and for airline personnel to call for volunteers to be bumped BEFORE boarding but this should never happen after every passenger has been seated. To offload a passenger to make room for crew members is an inexcusable lapse of organization and planning. United more than deserves the bad publicity they are taking right now.

I refuse to fly them because their customer service sucks, they cancel flights at the drop of a hat, and I hate flying through Charlotte. One of my favorites was I was connecting in Charlotte, the flight to Knoxville was delayed because of mechanical issues. Three hours of waiting later, a storm rolled through and they canceled the flight because of weather, therefore not obligated to put anyone up for the night. Seems like I always have issues flying United and Charlotte.

Hope the guy sues the piss out of them and wins.

I feel that airlines need to be reigned in a bit with how they treat passengers. I am not typically a confrontational person (especially on a flight), but I have had two near "confrontations" with flight attendants recently and their "superior" attitudes. On a flight into Knoxville this week, the grumpy old lady flight attendant threatened to throw my bag off the plane to make room for someone's guitar. I wish I would have started filming that. Another flight last month, I was asked by flight attendants to move seats 3 times with no explanation.

VN Store

Back