Sports talk radio subjects you automatically tune out

MG1968

Moderately Neato
It doesn't matter who is doing the talking, or how informed and well regarded the speakers are, what sports talk topics make your eyes glaze over and hit the preset button for something, anything else?

For me, the two least palatable topics are:

1. betting lines, over/under, spreads, whatever, if it's gambling related I tune out and would rather listen to Kenny G cover Maroon 5 songs.

2. fantasy sports. I hate Tom Brady, and I don't ever want him to have a good day on the field. That dynamic changes if I draft him to my fantasy team (which I would, because he's a damn good quarterback). That's a contradiction I have trouble reconciling.

Those are 2 of my favorite topics to hear about in sports. For me I guess it's soccer or hockey.

Anyone fawning over Alabama.

Anyone that makes the claim "Oklahoma will be a contender this year." I tend to chuckle and tune them out.

Golf. I'm just not a golf fan. You hit a ball toward a hole and then chase it. What is there to really talk about?

Reactions: 3 people
When it gets political. I keep up with politics, but I search regular news for that. I not only tune out when they get political, I frequently call and threaten to burn the station down.

Reactions: 1 person
When it gets political. I keep up with politics, but I search regular news for that. I not only tune out when they get political, I frequently call and threaten to burn the station down.

So you're a terrorist? :eek:hmy:

The easier answer is telling you what I don't tune out wich is CFB and to a lesser extent NFL.

I will zone out during basket ball talk but generally leave it on.

MLB or NASCAR talk makes me change the station/turn if off.

I just hate it when radio guys go on morally superior rants about whatever. Half the time I don't even believe they believe what they are saying.

Reactions: 1 person
It doesn't matter who is doing the talking, or how informed and well regarded the speakers are, what sports talk topics make your eyes glaze over and hit the preset button for something, anything else?

For me, the two least palatable topics are:

1. betting lines, over/under, spreads, whatever, if it's gambling related I tune out and would rather listen to Kenny G cover Maroon 5 songs.

2. fantasy sports. I hate Tom Brady, and I don't ever want him to have a good day on the field. That dynamic changes if I draft him to my fantasy team (which I would, because he's a damn good quarterback). That's a contradiction I have trouble reconciling.

You would hate Las Vegas sports radio.

As a person who gambles on sports, this is good insight from professionals

Since we technically don't have a professional team here yet, sports radio here is very non-biased and covers slot of teams and conferences. I do get a little annoyed listening to some of the guys talk about the great history of UNLV Basketball. I got hung up on when I said thecreason UNLV was no longer competitive was because they quit cheating. They didn't like that haha

VN Store

Back