That does it!!!! May be dropping U-Verse.

rockydoc

Got this month's bill and raised $12 for no good reason. What's involved in going Sling?

Nothing. Pick your package and go. Cancel whenever you want. Service can be iffy, i.e Walking dead would buffer and sometimes crash due to capacity issues. For espn use the sling credentials to log into the WatchESPN app. Much better service.

Got this month's bill and raised $12 for no good reason. What's involved in going Sling?

I was told not to get sling because it sucked. Tifwiw

Last Saturday I ordered an Xfinity package of 140 channels and 75Mbps for 79.99 a month. Had Uverse that went from 109 to 230 a month after the promotional period. The Uverse was 300 channels and 18Mbps.

Called Uverse Thursday to cancel and the lady ask why so I told her it was to expensive and what I had went with. She said I can offer you your same channels and take your internet speed from 18 to 45Mbps for $90 a month.

So if your not in contract with them just call and threaten to cancel and I'm sure they will sling you a good deal.

Reactions: 1 person
I was told not to get sling because it sucked. Tifwiw

Last Saturday I ordered an Xfinity package of 140 channels and 75Mbps for 79.99 a month. Had Uverse that went from 109 to 230 a month after the promotional period. The Uverse was 300 channels and 18Mbps.

Called Uverse Thursday to cancel and the lady ask why so I told her it was to expensive and what I had went with. She said I can offer you your same channels and take your internet speed from 18 to 45Mbps for $90 a month.

So if your not in contract with them just call and threaten to cancel and I'm sure they will sling you a good deal.
Thanks

Tell them they owe you money because you are an avid viewer of Fox(even if you don't watch it) and they've had it blocked for a week now and you want some compensation.

DirectTV Now is pretty good.

It's owned by AT&T now, so protesting and switching service to them would be pointless. With the weather we have here in east TN there is no way I'd use a satellite. Rumor is they are trying to get people to switch from U-verse to DirecTV because supposedly they can get more money out of you if you switch to satellite. I have no idea of the validity of that last part.

Reactions: 1 person
I've tried all the streaming services and PlayStation Vue is the best.

I'm a big fan of PlayStation Vue, but they all have some good qualities: Sling and Direct TV Now. Plus, I think YouTube and Hulu are coming soon.

Tell them they owe you money because you are an avid viewer of Fox(even if you don't watch it) and they've had it blocked for a week now and you want some compensation.

It's owned by AT&T now, so protesting and switching service to them would be pointless. With the weather we have here in east TN there is no way I'd use a satellite. Rumor is they are trying to get people to switch from U-verse to DirecTV because supposedly they can get more money out of you if you switch to satellite. I have no idea of the validity of that last part.
DirectvNow is their streaming service. No dish needed

I've never understood the weather argument. I've had satellite for years up here and it hardly ever goes out. It takes a heck of a storm to get the service to go out. Meanwhile the 1 year I had Comcast it would go out all the time with no weather.

You need a streaming box like Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, etc. You still have to pay for internet. And that's it. If you have those things then just download the app, create an account, and start watching.

Draw back to sling is you can only stream to one device at a time. So if you have a family watching different things on separate devices it may not be the best option.

Oh... and NB4 someone says get Kodi.

I've never understood the weather argument. I've had satellite for years up here and it hardly ever goes out. It takes a heck of a storm to get the service to go out. Meanwhile the 1 year I had Comcast it would go out all the time with no weather.

If you're into a show or a movie even losing the signal for a minute due to a storm could be really frustrating.

What is your current Internet max downstream speed? Have you considered dropping Uverse TV, keeping/bumping up the Internet access, installing a digital antenna for local channels over the airwaves and coupling this with DirecTV Now?

Presently, DirecTV Now has the best Over-the-top programming/price combo & quality of delivery (compared to Sling, Hulu, et al) IMHO.

If you're into a show or a movie even losing the signal for a minute due to a storm could be really frustrating.

Humbly, I submit that the only unforgivable service interruption is during the live broadcast of a Volunteers game.

i just cancel my UVerse after being a customer for 5 plus years, 168$ a month is just way to expensive for the bundle and what we watch. I researched and tried out all the streaming services and Playstation Vue is hands down the best offer for folks that want to keep the same type of tv experience and quality for low price.

I have a PS4 in the main room, and 2 Amazon firesticks in the bedrooms. I tried the sling and direct tv now and while the promo from direct tv now for the free apple tv or firestick is good i still chose to go back to Vue. Now with tv/internet my bill is 75 bucks a month for quality TV experience. Don't look back and cut it ASAP!!

My brother works for a company that is licences to sell DirectTV, ATT wants to get out of the tv business and get back to phones and internet, the reason why they ponied up and bought out direct tv was for that exact reason, they don't want to compete with themselves for selling tv service so they are naturally at att trying to phase there clients to directtv and drop uverse. Att will admit themselves that's what they are trying to do. I think they are offering now any uverse member to switch to direct tv 2 year plan at $90 a month.

Humbly, I submit that the only unforgivable service interruption is during the live broadcast of a Volunteers game.

My sister in FL had her power go it During the 07 Kentucky game Just as it went to OT. Her husband was texting me for play by play.

That's true, maybe it's just because I don't watch tv that much and don't notice it. I'm usually only watching for sports, but i think in the last couple years it's only messed up once during a Tennessee game for a couple minutes for me.

My sister in FL had her power go it During the 07 Kentucky game Just as it went to OT. Her husband was texting me for play by play.

HAHA! is that the multi overtime game that put us through to the SEC Championship?? because we lost power down here too. Called our family up there to get play by play and drove to my dads office about 15 mins from our home to buy airline tickets to Atlanta before the prices got jacked up. good memories!

No, you can watch it anywhere and 5 streams at a time. There are some mobile restricted channels, but most are mobile friendly

Vue is IP location dependent. You can use the apps for the all networks and the vue mobile app anywhere, but not the main app. Example: can't take your firestick with you on vacation or share your login with friends.

Roku did not have location working when the vue app launched and could be moved around. Not sure if that's still the case.

Going to try my local channels reception tonight with an old antenna I have.

If I can get all the networks then I'll probably dump DirecTV and go PS Vue.

I already have Prime, Netflix and HBO Now - that ought to cover me.

VN Store

Back