AT&T vs Comcast for internet

VolNRaleighNC

Anyone have any luck with AT&T fiber for internet? I realize it's like voting between Trump and Hillary but I'm a current Comcast customer and am over their horrid customer service. Looking to cut the cord and just do an internet-only deal. Cable/internet bill spiked to $250 in January. Bought a Roku and HD antenna so I am all set to cut the cord. Just would like to know who's had AT&T fiber (speed ~ 100 Mbps) and what your experience has been?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Real fiber or U-Verse?

Also, isn't Google Fiber coming to your city?

Yes, have come to fully embrace the crappy customer support or lack thereof.

I was hoping AT&T's fiber would be comparable, if not better than Comcast in terms of actual internet speed and reliability... 😕

Anyone have any luck with AT&T fiber for internet? I realize it's like voting between Trump and Hillary but I'm a current Comcast customer and am over their horrid customer service. Looking to cut the cord and just do an internet-only deal. Cable/internet bill spiked to $250 in January. Bought a Roku and HD antenna so I am all set to cut the cord. Just would like to know who's had AT&T fiber (speed ~ 100 Mbps) and what your experience has been?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

250 is really high -- did you try the chat service ? They gave me a deal for Internet and cable for 119 a month -- I had to get the highest tier package just to get the SEC Network -- the chat service is way better than calling some dimwit on the phone for a deal

Google fiber is coming to Nashville... just saying.

Not sure how far out of metro area it will go though.

by the looks they are trying to populate all the trendy areas first. They dont even project when they'll hit the suburbs.

I'm ready to boot Comcast but from hearing from people around me that have ATT it isnt worth it. I'll wait it out

Comcast will offer 1 Gigabit-per second internet speeds to all users very soon. That's faster than most of us will ever need
I have no idea what the service will cost.

Comcast will offer 1 Gigabit-per second internet speeds to all users very soon. That's faster than most of us will ever need
I have no idea what the service will cost.

Interesting. Anybody know what a coax cable will top out at as far as data speeds?

Edit: AT&T ad at the top of this thread. Freak is on it.

I have AT&T fiber. Way faster than my pervious Comcast internet.

Glad to have a better product, at a cheaper price, and be out from under the horrid Comcast monopoly.

I have AT&T fiber. Way faster than my pervious Comcast internet.

Glad to have a better product, at a cheaper price, and be out from under the horrid Comcast monopoly.

What speed do you have with fiber? I was deciding between the 100 Mbps and 1,000 Mbps but decided to go with the higher due to the unlimited data cap. Will be $80/month.

What speed do you have with fiber? I was deciding between the 100 Mbps and 1,000 Mbps but decided to go with the higher due to the unlimited data cap. Will be $80/month.

1,000Mbps. We are also cord cutters so we stream everything.

I'm late getting back to the party, but good choice. They both have ****ty customer service in this area, but AT&T fiber is the far superior product.

Hope you're happy with the AT&T gigabit service. Though their fiber network hasn't reached me yet, AT&T's service and customer service have been excellent. With that speed, you could get digital rabbit ears for local news 'n' such and DirecTV Now for the good stuff (They were offering free devices to Internet connect your TV for a 90-day commitment to DirecTV Now).

The question here is really who offers the best customer service and pricing.

All of the internet comes from At&T.

I have AT&T, internet only and not fiber / not fast but it is very reliable so I will give them that.

Nobody is getting true fiber unless they've run an actual fiber cable directly to your house. Then they've only run fiber to the closest node.

The only real exception being Fios who I believe actually runs fiber to your home. Not available in Knoxville as far as I know.

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody is getting true fiber unless they've run an actual fiber cable directly to your house. Then they've only run fiber to the closest node.

The only real exception being Fios who I believe actually runs fiber to your home. Not available in Knoxville as far as I know.

AT&T is doing true fiber rollouts in Nashville. They gotta compete with Google.

Getting fiber installed on Monday A.M. Will let you know how it compares to Comcast in my neck of the woods.

Now, whether their customer support is as crappy as Comcast once they've got me in the door... I'll find out soon I guess.

They ran the fiber directly to my house.

I'm in Atlanta, though.

Getting fiber installed on Monday A.M. Will let you know how it compares to Comcast in my neck of the woods.

Now, whether their customer support is as crappy as Comcast once they've got me in the door... I'll find out soon I guess.

It is. 😀

VN Store

Back