Anyone on here drive for Uber?

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
We finally have it in my area (Terre Haute,IN) and was thinking about it to earn some extra $ on the weekends. Terre Haute is fairly big (70K) and has 3 college campuses so I was thinking their might be some money in it....anyone done it? I like the make your own schedule and get paid instantly perks...Looking for feedback from anyone that has tried it?

We finally have it in my area (Terre Haute,IN) and was thinking about it to earn some extra $ on the weekends. Terre Haute is fairly big (70K) and has 3 college campuses so I was thinking their might be some money in it....anyone done it? I like the make your own schedule and get paid instantly perks...Looking for feedback from anyone that has tried it?

My boss used to do it all the time and loved it. However, you will rapidly get competition moving in and the pool of drivers will rapidly outpace business.

Best to get into it on the ground up before everyone learns what a good moneymaker it is.

Have considered it. Best strategy is time your participation to high demand times so you get the surge pricing benefit - that's where the bucks are.

We used on on NYE - the price during the surge for our ride was over 90 bucks - we waited a half hour and it was down to 16 bucks.

Firestorm drives for Lyft in Omaha Neb.- he claims he makes good money

I'd be to worried about a glock being put in the back of my head.

Electronic paper trail makes it much safer than driving a taxi

With EVERYTHING being done thru their app they electronically speaking know who is with you and your GPS at all times. Plus since most people know all transactions are done online there is no cash on you from your transactions. I'd say it much safer to be a Uber driver than the standard or traditional taxi driver.

Uber is also pushing the driverless cars. so get in while you can. not sure what the business model will look like but I am betting there will be fewer drivers then.

I don't think someone thats going to rob you really cares about a electronic paper trail?

They walk in gas stations all the time to rob them knowing they're on 20 different cameras.

Indeed. Since when have people willing to kill others for a couple bucks considered smart? People record and live stream themselves assaulting others.

Doesn't seem to be worth your time, wear and tear on car, and the probability of someone puking in your car. Would be better off delivering pizza

Transporting illegal drugs is much more lucrative.

It is a huge money maker here, my co-workers mom does it and makes between $300-$400 a day. She does 8 hr days Monday-Friday and avoids the strip

I read where taxi revenue was down 18%, that is not killing it.

Not sure uber impacts car rentals very significantly.

The prices of New York City taxi medallions have dropped from around a million dollars per car to about $250,000. The taxi operators that had a highly leveraged business model are getting crushed. Of course it's insane that the right to run a cab in NYC has such a high price.

There is a Facebook page for Uber and Lyft drivers. The *****ing outpaces the happy posts 10 to 1.

I don't think someone thats going to rob you really cares about a electronic paper trail?

They walk in gas stations all the time to rob them knowing they're on 20 different cameras.

A lot of criminals do care about getting caught. You're talking about extreme outliers.

You can't seriously be arguing that electronic records wouldn't deter crime.

1) You don't hail an Uber like a cab. It's something you see parked on the corner and just hop in. You have to have an account and "call" a driver from the app. Hence, Uber knows who is in the car and where it is going at all times.

2) they don't take cash payments or tips so the likely hood of getting much of anything is pretty low for the robber.

Point is, your likely hood of getting robbed as an Uber driver is about the same as just getting mugged on the street. Maybe less so.

A lot of criminals do care about getting caught. You're talking about extreme outliers.

You can't seriously be arguing that electronic records wouldn't deter crime.

There are many scenarios that doesnt mean who is pressing the Uber app are who it says.

A criminal has stolen one of his/her family members phones.
A criminal has already robbed somebody and has their phone.
A criminal has a straight talk phone and re-ups the monthly service with a card bought with cash.

I will stop there because you should see my point. The criminal can push a button and have their victim come to them. Not sure having cash on them from the Uber buisness would make a difference. They know the driver would have a car, wallet (cash or not), debit cards, credit cards, and a $800 dollar Iphone or android. When it comes to people needing money for drugs, some of you all are being WAY naive about the length they would go to for it.

I'm not saying don't do it you will get robbed, just that the scenario is highly possible. It's not for me but I hope any of you'll that's wanting to try it has your CCW permit.

There are many scenarios that doesnt mean who is pressing the Uber app are who it says.

A criminal has stolen one of his/her family members phones.
A criminal has already robbed somebody and has their phone.
A criminal has a straight talk phone and re-ups the monthly service with a card bought with cash.

I will stop there because you should see my point. The criminal can push a button and have their victim come to them. Not sure having cash on them from the Uber buisness would make a difference. They know the driver would have a car, wallet (cash or not), debit cards, credit cards, and a $800 dollar Iphone or android. When it comes to people needing money for drugs, some of you all are being WAY naive about the length they would go to for it.

I'm not saying don't do it you will get robbed, just that the scenario is highly possible. It's not for me but I hope any of you'll that's wanting to try it has your CCW permit.

Jesus, bro, you scared of your shadow?

Reactions: 6 people
Jesus, bro, you scared of your shadow?

Huff, this isn't the PF. I give you real basic and simple scenarios that wouldn't take all the planets to line up for any one to happen. There is all kinds of stories about Uber drivers shot or attacked.

You want to drive for them then go for it.

VN Store

Back