Prayers please.

Grudenator

Hey guys! I would really appreciate some prayers right about now. I go in tomorrow morning for a major multiligament knee reconstruction operation. 4 years ago I traumatically tore my ACL in baseball. I had it reconstructed but it never really felt right ever since. Always unstable and sore after every single day. They did a scope and didn't see anything but they did do a lateral release because my kneecap wasn't tracking properly and they said that might solve the problem. The problem persisted so I went to a new doctor. He went through all the reports and MRI's and he spotted what is called a torn Posterolateral Corner (PLC) from my original injury that the doctor missed. He said ortho doctors never look at that area of the knee because it is so rare when it is injured beyond healing. He has practiced for 20 years and said I'm only the second patient he has seen with one. My ACL graft has failed because of the missed torn PLC. Only a few doctors in the state work on PLC reconstruction so I have a doctor in Nashville that's going to cut me up tomorrow morning. All in all, its a PLC reconstruction, ACL reconstruction, and lateral meniscus repair. I know how hard the first ACL reconstruction was and it was awful lol. Worst pain in my life. Everyone lift me up in your prayers, and the doctor that's performing the surgery as well. This time tomorrow I'm going to be in a boat load of pain :( GO VOLS!!
Food for thought : Posterolateral Corner Injury | Symptoms, causes and treatment explained | Sportsinjuryclinic.net

Video of the PLC reconstruction: PLC reconstruction - YouTube

Wow, that's pretty rough. I'm sorry you're dealing with that and will pray that your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I hope it fixes everything for good as well! Your not suppose to have 3 knee surgeries at 21 years old 😅

Done. Hope things go well in the morning and that you have a manageable, full recovery.

Good to hear! Control the pain and stick to your rehab program once it begins.

Why would you be in pain so early? Did you refuse the block? That's 24hrs you don't have to worry and the rest is easy

I really appreciate all the prayers guys. Just a little update. Headed to the doctor for my first little bit of PT and ultrasound scar tissue treatment today. Honestly this surgery wasn't as bad as my first ACL reconstruction and it was suppose to be rougher. Hoping my quadriceps build a lot faster after this surgery though. Those suckers take forever to build back up.

I really appreciate all the prayers guys. Just a little update. Headed to the doctor for my first little bit of PT and ultrasound scar tissue treatment today. Honestly this surgery wasn't as bad as my first ACL reconstruction and it was suppose to be rougher. Hoping my quadriceps build a lot faster after this surgery though. Those suckers take forever to build back up.

Yes they do.

VN Store

Back