Robert Meachem Jailed for Back Child Support

Wish these guys could learn to take care of their money better. An NFL career can end before you know it.

Wish these guys could learn to take care of their money better. An NFL career can end before you know it.
Indeed. Sounds like another victim of the "money manager" who promptly made large sums of money disappear. You'd think with the advent of electronic banking/tracking all of this could be figured out.

So she left at the exact moment his career ended. I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...also if the custody is split, why would he owe child support? That certainly doesn't sound like an even split.

Reactions: 2 people
So she left at the exact moment his career ended. I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...also if the custody is split, why would he owe child support? That certainly doesn't sound like an even split.
In most cases, split custody doesn't remove the child support obligations. Also, alimony is in play here as they were married.

You're talking as if you know something without any facts at your disposal, for whatever reason.

Pre-nups can save alot, but most guys aren't thinking about that.

Pre-nups cannot shield you from taking care of children you have in the marriage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...

But she ain't messin with no broke...

giphy.gif

I have a friend who has true 50/50 split with her ex and there's no child support either way. Then again she's also a Tenn fan in Alabama so just may be getting screwed by the courts.

$20 million is about $13 million after taxes, $9 million after agent fees and probably less than $4 million after buying house, lux cars, livin large, throwing bigtime parties and other must have gadgets.

After all that, $200,000 is a chunk of change to shell out every year. It should be enough to get his kid through publik skewl.

Pre-nups can save alot, but most guys aren't thinking about that.

its not most guys arent thinking it, reality is 90% of women wouldnt go for that ****. i love when guys talk a tough game. Ok, take 95% of the beautiful women at UTK on any given day of the week. Dime pieces who've been babied and called beautiful by every single guy they know their whole lives. You think theyre gonna sign a pre-nup? Hail no. They can get almost any guy they want. Worked in turkey Creek, used to see 45 yr old cougars with three, four kids rollin' in 80K Infiniti SUV, no ring. Then the 50 yr old engineer would come in with his slammin' 22 yr old wife. Time and Time again. Women are smarter than that.

You have to take in to account that most of these guys come from a poor family or a single parent family. THey never had any money, so they never learned to manage money.
At age 21, the get a rookie contract.
While in high school in Alabama, they get their girlfriend pregnant. Then they go off to college. While in college they get some girl who notices that they will have an NFL future, so they attach themselves to them.
Once they graduate and get the rookie contract, they will need to make back payments to their babies momma for child care. That is about 5 or 6 years worth.
They also feel compelled to help their mother get a new house and a new car and enough money so she can quit her job.
Then their gold digging college girlfriend wants her new car and an engagement ring and a big house.
Then distant relatives have emergencies so they call for you to give them a helping hand.
Now your signing bonus is gone....
When the season is over, he has no money for the off season....

Should have been smarter with his money.

Hopefully he gets it figured out.

its not most guys arent thinking it, reality is 90% of women wouldnt go for that ****. i love when guys talk a tough game. Ok, take 95% of the beautiful women at UTK on any given day of the week. Dime pieces who've been babied and called beautiful by every single guy they know their whole lives. You think theyre gonna sign a pre-nup? Hail no. They can get almost any guy they want. Worked in turkey Creek, used to see 45 yr old cougars with three, four kids rollin' in 80K Infiniti SUV, no ring. Then the 50 yr old engineer would come in with his slammin' 22 yr old wife. Time and Time again. Women are smarter than that.

Don't put a ring on it in the first place then. If she loves you for you and not your money then she'll sign a prenup. If she doesn't then you should keep on moving.

I have a friend who has true 50/50 split with her ex and there's no child support either way. Then again she's also a Tenn fan in Alabama so just may be getting screwed by the courts.

I have two guy friends here in Georgia who have split custody, and neither pay any child support.

How's he supposed to make money to pay his debt if he's in jail?

Medical licensed individuals can get their license to practice suspended for not paying student loans. How does this make sense? Why not garnish wages or something of that sort. Taking away their ability to make money is insane. IMO

dang super sad situation. They need to require every Professional athlete to attend some kind of financial management class. Finances can ruin lives no matter the individual.

VN Store

Back