Butch Jones embraces team chaplain Tim Miller

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
As many of you know, CBJ often wears a bible verse on his wrist from Nehamiah 2:18 "And I told them of the hand of my God that had been upon me for good, and also of the words that the king had spoken to me."

A lot of his players worship with Tim Miller, the team Chaplain at Sevier Baptist. Many have said Tim has the 'it' factor because he was just very caring about people. He makes sure he's at school hanging out with these kids. He just wants to be there for them.

It's really changing the team, adding something that was missing from the team before he came. Just the spiritual factor. Miller and Coach Jones hold chapels on Fridays and the whole team is there.

Butch is proud of his team for caring enough to make Christ a part of their lives, saying "That's how I can tell what kind of team they are, when they face adversity and tests, how they respond. They were incredible."

Well I gotta say I'm proud of Jones for feeling this way.

Tim Miller shies from spotlight but helps light a path for UT student-athletes, coaches & others

Reactions: 74 people
As a believer this is good news. Im concerned with CBJ at times with adversity on Saturdays. Maybe he perseveres through the testing

Reactions: 10 people
Despite the liberal vomit the university is spewing the football program maintains a solid footing in morals. Good trumps evil every time.

Reactions: 40 people
Reactions: 23 people
How Revelation 3:21 defines a Champion of Life...

"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."

Reactions: 10 people
Here come the liberal hate mongers. I say god bless you and god bless Tennessee. Keep the faith.

Reactions: 18 people
And the one Bible verse that has been banned in the State of Alabama....

2 Timothy 2:5

"Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules."

Reactions: 22 people
Despite the liberal vomit the university is spewing the football program maintains a solid footing in morals. Good trumps evil every time.

One could argue Jesus was a"liberal" in his time . He was persecuted for his teachings against the Jewish hierarchy (thePharisees). Baylor is a private Baptist university, guess winning was more important. This country needs to reset it's moral compass.

Reactions: 16 people
This and legalize weed debate, in one week? You guys are going to use up your offseason allotment.
"And there will be no more until after supper".

Reactions: 1 person
Like when Butch responded to adversity from the fans by saying "F all of them".

TWJWD
200w.gif

Like when Butch responded to adversity from the fans by saying "F all of them".

It was about the refs making several bad calls. Even an announcer made that observation to correct someone else. Saying it was about the fans is wrong.

As far as cussing...
Paraphrasing a portion of Romans Ch. 7 written by Paul

"The things that are good that I want to do, I don't. (Ex. In this case, not cuss) The things that are bad that I don't want to do, those are the very things I do. (cussing), I who am chief among sinners."

Hmmm..Paul called himself, the primary author of much of the New Testament, "chief among sinners". And ... instead of using the past tense "was" in describing himself with relationship to his ill doings, his missing the mark, his sin; and even though he was most definitely a Christian; he uses the present tense "am" to describe his current state with respect to doing things he knows to be wrong (sin).

Then he sorta says, "Woe is me! What can I do? I've got this duel nature now. One that wants to do good, but the other that actually does do bad stuff."

Well, thank God Jesus has patience with us, and we are accepted as he continues to perform a lifetime process of changing the lumps of coal we are into diamonds.

Reactions: 14 people
“Odin is highest and most ancient of the Aesir.* He rules all things, and mighty though the other gods are, yet they all submit to him like children to their father.”

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back