Seagulls In Tennessee

Coug

I went out a few weeks ago to do some late night/early morning shopping at Walmart. As I'm pushing my cart to the car I look out in front of me and there I see a small flock of seagulls swooping around the parking lot picking up random crap. They only hung around for about half a minute and then took off.

Has anyone else seen this odd sight?

I went out a few weeks ago to do some late night/early morning shopping at Walmart. As I'm pushing my cart to the car I look out in front of me and there I see a small flock of seagulls swooping around the parking lot picking up random crap. They only hung around for about half a minute and then took off.

We have them here in Lexington TN also. Funny they're at Walmart here too.

Man, when I first moved back to ET in 05, the seagulls were every where. However, I haven't seen any in 4 years or so.

I don't know if I've ever been to a Walmart that DIDN'T have seagulls in the parking lot.

we've had them in Nashville but I havent seen them in a while. I would see them in a Kmart parking lot that is near......a Walmart. They're scavengers so its not surprising they go to where the food is regardless of location

Reactions: 1 person
Saw some yesterday. After all, it is Tennessea. Several years ago, a friend and I were driving through Idaho on our way to the Grand Tetons. We saw an entire field covered with seagulls.

we've had them in Nashville but I havent seen them in a while. I would see them in a Kmart parking lot that is near......a Walmart. They're scavengers so its not surprising they go to where the food is regardless of location

This. Seagulls are called "beach rats" for a reason. They have been around Knoxville for many years.

They are here in pa also.. only thing is, I've never seen them here this early in the year. Its usually in march when you see them.. they've been here since the 2nd week of January..

Ring billed gulls migrate into the country during the winter months and then migrate back to the ocean for spring and summer. In other words they follow their source of food.

They are just getting a jump on the Pruitt Climate initiative. Sea levels will rise faster than those "so called" scientists could have predicted

I saw a flock of seagulls, and I ran, I ran so far away.

Hahaha!

True story! I took a box of cheez-its down to Destin beach and started throwing them around. The next thing I saw was something out of Alfred Hitchcock Birds movie. These things are insane and if you're passing out freebies it gets real.

Last edited:
Hahaha!

True story! I took a box of cheez-its down to Destin beach and started throwing them around. The next thing I saw was something out of Alfred Hitchcock Birds movie. These things are insane and if you're passing out freebies it gets real.

Yup, they are aggressive. Will snatch things out of your hand if you aren't careful.

I started a pelican fight many years ago down in Sanibel. Gave some bread to what I thought was a lone pelican and suddenly 20-30 flew in and started attacking the poor bird and each other!

They hang out in big parking lots near the lake. They are usually around the chickamauga dam this time of year. When our kid sees them she starts saying MINE MINE MINE MINE.

They have been at the Walker Springs WM for years.

Ring billed gulls migrate into the country during the winter months and then migrate back to the ocean for spring and summer. In other words they follow their source of food.

What are they following? Shad and other schooling fish in the TVA system I presume?

Saw some yesterday. After all, it is Tennessea. Several years ago, a friend and I were driving through Idaho on our way to the Grand Tetons. We saw an entire field covered with seagulls.

Going back to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone in June :) My favorite place on Earth.

Laughed when I saw this in the parking lot at Veloce

Attachments

• IMG_20170210_141934133.jpg
    IMG_20170210_141934133.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2
Side note, but who are these nasty people who just open their car doors and chuck their fast food out? They should be attacked by a flock of seagulls in their sleep for karma.

All the Tennessee River system and, I suppose all others, have seagulls follow rivers inland during winter. I've seen hundreds around Concord Park soaring and swooping down to grab dinner out of a school of shad minnows. Then they'll all light on a sandbar.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull lives

Side note, but who are these nasty people who just open their car doors and chuck their fast food out? They should be attacked by a flock of seagulls in their sleep for karma.

Some people are really despicable and just don't care. I was at the Exxon at Walker Springs sitting in the car while my friend pumped gas. I look over and see this woman driving a white SUV with obvious Alabama stickers just toss some random garbage out of her window onto the parking lot and drive off like it was nothing. I can guarantee you this woman probably does this on a regular basis.

Some people are really despicable and just don't care. I was at the Exxon at Walker Springs sitting in the car while my friend pumped gas. I look over and see this woman driving a white SUV with obvious Alabama stickers just toss some random garbage out of her window onto the parking lot and drive off like it was nothing. I can guarantee you this woman probably does this on a regular basis.

Those bama folks want to make sure their family members have plenty to do when they are on trash duty from the local jail.

VN Store

Back