Ambient Noise from Icebreaker

volinbham

VN GURU
Very cool (no pun intended). Great with headphones.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpW7iYfuGDU[/youtube]

So who decided to just record it? Like "hey! "Run out there with a camera and record us just sitting here, slowly breaking ice,in a blizzard, in the arctic, at night" "I bet people will love it!"

"Sure thing Cap.!"

That's what it's for

See, that doesn't work for me. I start trying to identify and interpret the various sounds and next thing you know I'm on the internet reading up and learning about how icebreakers work, and from there I'm reading about the history of polar navigation and types of hull shapes and arctic exploration and methods of ship power and propulsion and the establishment of shipping routes and principles of celestial navigation and new imagery of the solar system and planned Mars missions and turtles.

Life was so much easier before the internet. Damn you, Al Gore!!

Reactions: 1 person
See, that doesn't work for me. I start trying to identify and interpret the various sounds and next thing you know I'm on the internet reading up and learning about how icebreakers work, and from there I'm reading about the history of polar navigation and types of hull shapes and arctic exploration and methods of ship power and propulsion and the establishment of shipping routes and principles of celestial navigation and new imagery of the solar system and planned Mars missions and turtles.

Lol!

I get like that when I'm bored or distracting myself from work...But not sleeping.

My problem is it has to be about 15-20 "original" minutes or I'll pick out the loop and it will drive me insane. My phone has a great nature sounds app, but almost none work because there's a certain thunder clap every 45 seconds or the campfire always crackles the same way every 20 seconds.

I get like that when I'm bored or distracting myself from work...But not sleeping.

My problem is it has to be about 15-20 "original" minutes or I'll pick out the loop and it will drive me insane. My phone has a great nature sounds app, but almost none work because there's a certain thunder clap every 45 seconds or the campfire always crackles the same way every 20 seconds.

Bend your toes 20 reps 5 sets and you'll be asleep before the 4th set. Rest 20 seconds in between.

There's a breathing exercise you can do also to get to sleep.
Called the 3-4-7 technique.
In through your nose for 3 seconds
Hold it in for 4 seconds and exhale very slowly for 7 seconds
Repeat until your out.

I lay awake (during the day now) i tried Benadryl and melatonin but nothing works.

I take my 3 yo to school at 7 am after I get home and eat something and relax with a chaw. I'll feed the new baby and play with when I get home from taking Jr to school. My wife takes the baby and goes to work and I lay there for a few hours before I finally get to sleep around 10-11am and back up at 4 pm to be at work by 5.
Quite stressful.
I'm taking lunch now.

Bend your toes 20 reps 5 sets and you'll be asleep before the 4th set. Rest 20 seconds in between.

There's a breathing exercise you can do also to get to sleep.
Called the 3-4-7 technique.
In through your nose for 3 seconds
Hold it in for 4 seconds and exhale very slowly for 7 seconds
Repeat until your out.

I lay awake (during the day now) i tried Benadryl and melatonin but nothing works.

I take my 3 yo to school at 7 am after I get home and eat something and relax with a chaw. I'll feed the new baby and play with when I get home from taking Jr to school. My wife takes the baby and goes to work and I lay there for a few hours before I finally get to sleep around 10-11am and back up at 4 pm to be at work by 5.
Quite stressful.
I'm taking lunch now.

Oh, I get to sleep just fine. Its just I pick up patterns in some of the white noise things that aren't spaced out very well.

My best sleeping exercise I learned involves starting at your feet and working up to your head/neck. For each muscle group, you tense and hold for 10 seconds, then relax for 10 seconds...then move up to the next, then back down in the opposite direction. Really makes you focus and you feel like gel when finished.

Wait, hour 3? So it didn't work and put you to sleep? :)

It sounds very odd because they're typically so loud but what gets me is vacuum cleaners. If I'm remotely tired and someone starts vacuuming in the room I'm in I just like zone out.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGKRF5r-EM[/youtube]

That sounds just like me :) meanwhile it's suddenly 4am, and I've gotta be at work in 3 hours...but hey I know all about the mating habits of Arctic Terns and Narwhals...

It sounds very odd because they're typically so loud but what gets me is vacuum cleaners. If I'm remotely tired and someone starts vacuuming in the room I'm in I just like zone out.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azGKRF5r-EM[/youtube]

A vacuum cleaner puts both my 3yo and 4mo to sleep almost instantly. I hate it.

VN Store

Back