Super Bowl 51 commercials

Vol knight

Text a Buddy!
What is everyone's thoughts on the commercials this year? I thought there were a few funny ones, but overall, I felt it wasn't that great. I really liked the Skittles and Tide commercials.

Reactions: 1 person
They were the absolute worst I've ever watched. They were mostly political which is ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
Here's another question for everyone:

What's your favorite Super Bowl commercial of all time? For me, it's a tie between 2 of them in 2009 (Career Builder and Doritos Crystal Ball).

I feel like most of the time, people who get so offended by commercials that they claim it stops them from buying products are all talk and no game.

Like people were offended by the America the Beautiful Coke commercial last year. Bet that didn't stop them from getting coke or sprite or dasani or powerade

I feel like most of the time, people who get so offended by commercials that they claim it stops them from buying products are all talk and no game.

Like people were offended by the America the Beautiful Coke commercial last year. Bet that didn't stop them from getting coke or sprite or dasani or powerade

Wait, people were offended by that coke commercial?

Over what?

Reactions: 2 people
Wait, people were offended by that coke commercial?

Over what?

because it was sung in different languages and it encouraged people who were keeping their language instead of assimilating to English

Most of the commercials I watched sucked.

Also, if you run terrible ads and you run them to the point of my annoyance, I will stop buying your product, no matter how much I like it.

Most of the commercials I watched sucked.

Also, if you run terrible ads and you run them to the point of my annoyance, I will stop buying your product, no matter how much I like it.

Head on! Apply directly to the forehead!

Damn, that reference is over a decade old. I'm getting old.

I wonder how many people get fired after these ads come out? $2.5M for 15 seconds of air time, that doesn't include what you paid to actually produce the commercials. I liked the skittles one and that was about it. The Audi one elicited a collective eye roll from all present in the room, women included. There was no visa system when Anheuser and Busch came to this country, and Busch's family was rich so he definitely wasn't stuck in steerage coming over here. The rest of them I just didn't get the point, or they weren't interesting. It's amazing to me these are developed and tested and are found to be effective ads by someone. I can't imagine what the ideas that didn't make the cut looked like.

We need more "puppy monkey baby" type commercials. Or like the radio shack commercial with all the awesome 80's characters.

I think the commercial game has changed big time over the last decade and they just haven't realized it yet. I get how it would be entertaining back in the 80's and 90's but with a YouTube equipped smart phone in everyone's hand nowadays, we see things every second of the day that could have been SuperBowl commercial worthy 20 years ago.

Live Snickers commercial absolutely sucked IMO. Liked the Skittles commercial.

I liked the T-Mobile phone bill ones.

Terry-aki Bradshaw made me laugh, the rest was too long.

too many mobile game commercials. I had no idea they made enough money for the Super Bowl.

I liked the T-Mobile phone bill ones.

Terry-aki Bradshaw made me laugh, the rest was too long.

too many mobile game commercials. I had no idea they made enough money for the Super Bowl.

It's crazy how much those games make. World of Tanks is free to play but you can buy new tanks and other things. At least every quarter and maybe more they roll out some new tank package that can easily be $50-$100. The premium feature costs $100 a year. Other little perks cost money. There are people putting hundreds of dollars into that game a year. There are tens of millions of players, if only 5% of them buy stuff you are easily into the hundreds of millions if not over a billion in revenue.

I just don't understand what's so hard about making a good commercial. Seems like writing a funny or clever commercial would be so easy. It's freaking 30 seconds.

I just don't understand what's so hard about making a good commercial. Seems like writing a funny or clever commercial would be so easy. It's freaking 30 seconds.

Doritos did fine having a contest for amateurs to create their commercial.

VN Store

Back