Man hops zoo fence and gets mauled in tiger pen

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
After an hour, the tiger was finally killed. The man that hopped the fence died from his injuries. PETA is angry at the zoo keepers for killing the tiger. In this rare instance, I may have to agree with PETA.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpJW_n4zj58[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand why they don't just use a tranquilizer in these situations

I think tranqs would piss off the animal for a short period of time resulting in more potential for injury against the person in the animal area.

So it went about as expected then. Should have just given the kitty his treat, dude was done for anyway.

O reason for the Tiger to have been killed

I'm sure this will be a social media sensation like Harambe. But I agree. The killing of animals due to stupid people is outrageous.

Chinese reference... racist?

Actually, it's a line from a movie. I don't remember which, but I think it starred Roddy McDowel as the villain. In one scene, some hapless schmuck gets thrown to the tigers, the heroes look at McDowel in shock, and he says, "it beats the hell out of cat Chow."

Btw, I know you're joking. But, maybe someone has seen that movie (or comedy skit, whatever) and remembers what it is.

The man should have been tranquilized.

The cat did nothing wrong.

Agreed, Tigers just doing Tiger stuff and this dumbass jumps the fence. They did not maul this idiot because they were bad tigers. That is just what they do.

The dumbass played a stupid game and won the grand prize....

Make good choices folks...

CH_V

Reactions: 1 person

Would you be a zookeeper if you had to go into the pen with a man killing tiger?

Once they've attacked a person it's pretty much over. They know they can do it and there's nothing stopping them from doing it again.

I think tranqs would piss off the animal for a short period of time resulting in more potential for injury against the person in the animal area.

I'm not so sure. Getting darted would certainly be an agitation but it would probably serve as a distraction as much as anything. I base this on videos of other animals being tranqued.

I'd have tried darting first with a rifle on standby if deemed necessary.

I touched a wolf once at Knoxville Zoo as is my right as a carrier of the BeastMaster bloodline. My daughter called down a wild owl and was able to groom it so she carries the mark as well. Still I know better than to mess with Tigers.

Reactions: 2 people
No need to kill the tiger. I would send his estate a bill for the tiger. hopefully it wasn't a critically endangered species.

also maybe a too soon joke, but was anyone playing zoo tycoon at the time? Probably picked the guy up and dropped him in. I usually just delete a fence or two and let them run wild for a minute or two.

That's bs to kill the tiger because he was stupid enough to ignore the signs. Am I wrong or does this attack say how hungry the Tiger was? Provided they didn't have cubs around it seems odd they would instantly mual the man.

Genuine question all responses welcome

That's bs to kill the tiger because he was stupid enough to ignore the signs. Am I wrong or does this attack say how hungry the Tiger was? Provided they didn't have cubs around it seems odd they would instantly mual the man.

Genuine question all responses welcome
I don't think so. Just more of the tiger doing what tigers do. Plus I'm not sure it was really trying to feed it was more using him as a play toy.

VN Store

Back