World is flat conspiracy

Sin City Vol

Ok I know this is dumb as $$$$ but I have had 2 stranger in the past week bring this up. So I took Uber the other day and the driver started talking about minerals and spirits blah blah blah, then she said something about the Earth being flat. I brushed it off as crazy nonsense.

So the same night I was having a beer at a bar and people are BSing and some normal guy said the same thing and then went into deep explanation about it. I told him he was crazy and no matter how much you doubt proven science it's still proven

Have any of you heard about these Earth is flat conspiracy theorist?

Reactions: 2 people
It's not?

And I'll bet you're going to tell me the Moon isn't made of cheese too, aren't you?

Yeah man heard about this and these people are crazy. Last year there were "celebrity" types posting on twitter about this nonsense being real.

Like..I can't even begin to imagine how someone would actually thing this is real.

When you've got some time to kill take a stroll around the internet and look up the psychology of conspiracy theories. There's some interesting genuine research been done on the subject.

Reactions: 1 person
When you've got some time to kill take a stroll around the internet and look up the psychology of conspiracy theories. There's some interesting genuine research been done on the subject.

Research? Anybody that thinks the Earth is flat is batchit crazy.

yeah I hear about it a good bit. I have never heard a good defense of it.

Think of the most idiotic, asinine thing you can, and chances are there are people out there that actually believe it's true.

Also, listen to Coast to Coast AM.

The real conspiracy is whether or not the moon really exists....

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

As a young stupid teenager I took a few hallucinogenics on more that one occasion.
I'm starting to think this world I'm living in today is one great big trip.

There are a bunch of loony MF's roaming all across this land. :)

On second thought, maybe all these loony MF's roaming around are on acid. :hi:

Last edited:
Ok I know this is dumb as $$$$ but I have had 2 stranger in the past week bring this up. So I took Uber the other day and the driver started talking about minerals and spirits blah blah blah, then she said something about the Earth being flat. I brushed it off as crazy nonsense.

So the same night I was having a beer at a bar and people are BSing and some normal guy said the same thing and then went into deep explanation about it. I told him he was crazy and no matter how much you doubt proven science it's still proven

The world is full of them. One of my in-laws (I call them the 'Winds of War') just found the world doesn't revolve around her.

Talking about minerals and spirits or talking about mineral spirits?

Because if it's the latter that might explain why she thinks the earth is flat.

Put one of these dummies on a boat and make them explain how another ship or landmark disappears over the horizon of a flat earth.

The real conspiracy is whether or not the moon really exists....

My grandma said the weather was never right after we landed on the moon.

I had a WWII vet as a sub in HS that said "the Japs" put a weather controlling satellite in space to ruin American weather. We always looked forward to him subbing. The way he looked at Asian kids in our class was hilarious.

I'm not sure what you can gather from this other than old people really value weather.

Talking about minerals and spirits or talking about mineral spirits?

Because if it's the latter that might explain why she thinks the earth is flat.

Put one of these dummies on a boat and make them explain how another ship or landmark disappears over the horizon of a flat earth.

That's what's great — they WILL explain it, and in great detail with documented scientific studies to back it up. Of course all that will be BS and fringe science nonsense but you'll never convince them of that.

Also, re your other post: that observation from your grandma is one of my favorite things I've read in a long time.

That is a good litmus test for determining those who should be included in mass deportations

VN Store

Back