Looking for car for teenage daughter

VolMax

Thank the Good Lord, my 17 year old daughter and her friend weren't hurt Saturday night when she rolled her '11 Ford Focus multiple times on I-75 just south of the TN line. What I thought was a dangerously small a car held up like a tank.

Now, she needs a car. Her mom and I are divorced and do not get along (she forks with me and I don't take it well) so I'm looking for something under $7,000. Decent gas mileage is a must - she runs the roads like we all did at her age.

I have seen cars pop up a time or two on VolNationList but none there now. Thought I would toss it out and see if any of you guys had anything.

Thanks and GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Thank the Good Lord, my 17 year old daughter and her friend weren't hurt Saturday night when she rolled her '11 Ford Focus multiple times on I-75 just south of the TN line. What I thought was a dangerously small a car held up like a tank.

Now, she needs a car. Her mom and I are divorced and do not get along (she forks with me and I don't take it well) so I'm looking for something under $7,000. Decent gas mileage is a must - she runs the roads like we all did at her age.

I have seen cars pop up a time or two on VolNationList but none there now. Thought I would toss it out and see if any of you guys had anything.

Thanks and GBO!

Just a thought. Maybe she should walk a while since she rolled a car?

Reactions: 8 people
Just a thought. Maybe she should walk a while since she rolled a car?

I get ya!

Actually, she was driving in center land and car to her right came over on her and clipper her. She tried to swerve away from him and probably over reacted and then overcorrected. But witnesses told cops she was totally not at fault. Of course, the turd that clipped her kept going.

Thanks and GBO!

.....not a bad place to start.

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/search/cto

Wow...that's obscure. Funny, but obscure. Hard to believe Phil's wife freakin' killed him. He shoulda divorced that crazy bi+ch and moved on. That's what I did...

I've got a daughter that will be 16 soon. She needs a Ford Super Duty 250. But I will probably end up getting her a used Honda Accord or Civic I wont have to work on too much. One already scratched up with candy bars smeared into the seats (cause she will do more of that).

Fully. Restored. Classic.

dc0fc400b71ab981cfee871bc788529b.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

Thanks and GBO!

First of all I'm glad to hear she is ok.... ford focus's hold up pretty well for their size. A few years ago my sister was plowed into by a truck that ran a red light and the car was smashed,but the only thing that happened was she broke her wrist because she didn't let go of the wheel

Fully. Restored. Classic.

dc0fc400b71ab981cfee871bc788529b.jpg

Gremlin ... What year? When those were new a neighbor girl's daddy bought her one and she drove it all over everywhere. I mean, it's so ... unique .. you can't help but notice it, so you do..see it..all over everywhere.

Car gurus

Yep, pretty much Car Gurus.com or Autotrader.com

You will find what you need for your price...

Don't use the Kelly Blue Book App it will drive you crazy going from page to page on the same car. They need to trash that jizz and start over.

Gremlin ... What year? When those were new a neighbor girl's daddy bought her one and she drove it all over everywhere. I mean, it's so ... unique .. you can't help but notice it, so you do..see it..all over everywhere.

That's actually a Pacer. Still AMC like a Gremlin but a different kind of ugly. Gremlins were angular and a tad more boxy whereas Pacers were very bubble-ish.

When we were teens my brother had this hideous Gremlin, custom painted navy blue on the sides and back, and white on the hood and roof, with ripples of bad Bondo work down both sides. I remember often reminding him how proud he should be of the distinction of having the flat-out ugliest car in the entire county, and he would come up swinging every time. Ah, brotherly love.

This is a Gremlin, fwiw:

amc-gremlin-03.jpg

And I think I remember that Pacer was a '79 but it's just a pic I saw on Google when I searched the pic for my wiseass post.

I get ya!

Actually, she was driving in center land and car to her right came over on her and clipper her. She tried to swerve away from him and probably over reacted and then overcorrected. But witnesses told cops she was totally not at fault. Of course, the turd that clipped her kept going.

"Hold my beer and watch this Felicia!"

I would have believed that before that story she told you.

I'd give her 2 grand for a cash Honda. Keep the other 5 grand and tell her if she doesn't roll another car in the next 5 years she can have the rest.

Late 80's to early 90's Volvo 240 station wagon. Reliable, slow, built like a tank. Perfect car for a teenager.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back