Who has the best Philly in Chattanooga

white65

I'm Jonesing for a Philly cheese steak. What is the best one in the Chattanooga area. Preferably toward Hamilton Place.

iu

Last edited:
I don't know much about Chatt but any decent bar & grill or pub there should have one on the menu. They're easy to make and are usually a common menu item. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Last edited:
I accidentally double posted. Here's a gif of one dancing to fix it.

cheesesteaks.gif

Last edited:
I'm Jonesing for a Philly cheese steak. What is the best one in the Chattanooga area. Preferably toward Hamilton Place.

Try Gondolier on Lee Highway/Shallowford Rd. That's about as good as you're gonna get in that part of town.

Another place that might be a stretch, but I didn't realize they had a Lupi's out that way on Jenkins Rd near Gunbarrel. They sell pizza and calzones. You might be able to get a Philly steak type calzone...

There used to be a place there called Anchors Subs. I think it was on HWY 153. I'm talking like 20-25 years ago. They had the best philly and fries I have ever eaten. Bare NONE. Does anyone familiar with the area remember this place????

Thanks guys, I ended up going to Lenny's Subs by Chili's at Hamilton Place. I was disappointed but I think some people like their style of philly.

A little late probably, however there is a restaurant called the city cafe diner. It's beside a days inn, really good portion with exceptional flavor. Price is I believe around $10.

A little late probably, however there is a restaurant called the city cafe diner. It's beside a days inn, really good portion with exceptional flavor. Price is I believe around $10.

At the corner of Lee hwy and Bonny Oaks and also at MLK and Chestnut. Great place, large menu and huge portions.

Waffle House has it. Called a Fight Night Philly. But to earn it, you have to win your smoker... only 1 round, good luck.

The Ankar's Hoagies on Shallowford Rd (near Wendy's) changed to Firebox Grill (pretty sure it's the same people). Food is just as good and they have Philly's on the menu. There is still an Ankar's on Lee Hwy at EB Rd. in the strip center where Sir Gooney's and Rib & Loin are...and one on Hwy 58 near Taco Bell.

VN Store

Back