Dolly Parton To Donate $1,000 A Month To Families Devastated By Tennessee Fires

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Dolly Parton To Donate $1,000 A Month To Families Devastated By Tennessee Fires | The Huffington Post

“Now I’ve always believed that charity begins at home, and that’s why I’ve asked my Dollywood companies ... plus my Dollywood Foundation to help me establish a My People Fund,” Parton said in a video she tweeted to her 4.29 million followers.
“Now we want to provide a hand up to all those families who have lost everything in the fires. And to recover, we want to make sure the Dollywood Foundation provides $1,000 a month to all those families that have lost their homes in the fires, until they get back up on their feet.”

Dolly is a class act, and a beautiful human being inside and out.

Reactions: 4 people
If all celebrities invested in communities the way Dolly and Peyton do, amazing things could happen in this country.

Reactions: 1 person
That's great stuff she is doing!

I'm a bit uncertain on the wording. Is she donating $1000 total a month, or $1000 a month to each family affected?

Edit:
The more I read it the more I think its per family, which is what I thought.

Last edited:
She needs more than a Parkway. I don't know what she needs, but its more than that road.

What she's done for Sevier County and Tennessee over the years is amazing. All sorts of small things with her foundations, raising money for the hospital up there, Imagination Library (which is up to like 70 or 80 million books!), and now this. Not to mention providing, maintaining and improving one of the biggest economic engines for the area.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back