House got hit

Dreamsicle

By a tornado in Niota at about 1:30am. Some pretty good damage but nothing that cannot be repaired. Family is safe and unharmed.

Been working with the rescue squad all night clearing the highway close to my house. Others in my area were not so lucky. Please lift them up in prayer.

The one in Athens...

Some guy caught a video of the funnel during a lighting flash and sent it to WATE. I can't find it anywhere online. It was sent to them by someone named Austin Turner. They're probably hoarding it for their morning and evening news cycle.

The one in Athens...

Some guy caught a video of the funnel during a lighting flash and sent it to WATE. I can't find it anywhere online. It was sent to them by someone named Austin Turner. They're probably hoarding it for their morning and evening news cycle.

I didn't see it. Only heard it. Sounded like a freight train/ jet engine. Worst 15 seconds of my life but ever oh so thankful my family is safe.

Reactions: 3 people
Thank you. We'll learn more about the extent of our damages as it gets light outside. But thankfully the only damages are things that can be replaced.

Sorry for what happened, but glad your family is safe.

Update: if you have Allstate insurance, fire them.

They did not attempt to make contact with me for over 24 hours after I reported my claim. I had to go through the process of having to contact them. Meanwhile, my State Farm insured neighbor had restoration units sent here from Knoxville within hours of daybreak the morning of the tornado.

When I did speak to someone from Allstate, it was someone who could connect me with someone who could connect me with someone else to schedule an appointment for an inspector to come later this week. After laughing at the reduncdancy, I finally spoke with the person to connect me with the other person to have my appointment scheduled.

When I spoke with my claims "handler" the next day, I let her know I wasn't happy with the service I had been afforded. I let her know about my neighbor's service with State Farm. She then tells me that the people I can clearly see working on my neighbor's house about 100 feet from my driveway aren't really there, that basically I was lying about people being there. I told her they were contractors sent here by State Farm, she said they were not State Farm employees, insulting my intelligence as if I don't already know State Farm doesn't actually perform the repairs.

So now this lady had not only called me a liar, but has also called me stupid.

She then tells me she will call me back sometime Monday to go over what my inspector found at my late afternoon appointment. I tell her I don't want her associated with my claim any further and I wished for a new claims "handler." She says Ok, and my phone goes dead because she hung up on me.

I immediatley called Allstate back lodging several complaints with anyone and everyone who would hear me out. I now have a new person assigned to me.

Finally my inspector shows up. It took them 2 days to get someone on my property and they wouldn't have even been here had I not called them to remind them that I still exist.

I'll be switching all my insurance lines in the next few days after I get things put back together. I would also highly encourage anyone else insured with Allstate to do the same or at least highly consider doing so.

I finally have a plan to move forward now with my repairs. This is the biggest relief, but it shouldn't have had to come to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
sucks that during an already stressful situation, you can get decent service from your insurance provider

Update: if you have Allstate insurance, fire them.

They did not attempt to make contact with me for over 24 hours after I reported my claim. I had to go through the process of having to contact them. Meanwhile, my State Farm insured neighbor had restoration units sent here from Knoxville within hours of daybreak the morning of the tornado.

When I did speak to someone from Allstate, it was someone who could connect me with someone who could connect me with someone else to schedule an appointment for an inspector to come later this week. After laughing at the reduncdancy, I finally spoke with the person to connect me with the other person to have my appointment scheduled.

When I spoke with my claims "handler" the next day, I let her know I wasn't happy with the service I had been afforded. I let her know about my neighbor's service with State Farm. She then tells me that the people I can clearly see working on my neighbor's house about 100 feet from my driveway aren't really there, that basically I was lying about people being there. I told her they were contractors sent here by State Farm, she said they were not State Farm employees, insulting my intelligence as if I don't already know State Farm doesn't actually perform the repairs.

So now this lady had not only called me a liar, but has also called me stupid.

She then tells me she will call me back sometime Monday to go over what my inspector found at my late afternoon appointment. I tell her I don't want her associated with my claim any further and I wished for a new claims "handler." She says Ok, and my phone goes dead because she hung up on me.

I immediatley called Allstate back lodging several complaints with anyone and everyone who would hear me out. I now have a new person assigned to me.

Finally my inspector shows up. It took them 2 days to get someone on my property and they wouldn't have even been here had I not called them to remind them that I still exist.

I'll be switching all my insurance lines in the next few days after I get things put back together. I would also highly encourage anyone else insured with Allstate to do the same or at least highly consider doing so.

I finally have a plan to move forward now with my repairs. This is the biggest relief, but it shouldn't have had to come to this.

If you are really pissed, let the Tennessee department of Insurance know about your complaint....I have over 25 years as an agent.......the really big stick gets all the juice when the department starts an investigation

VN Store

Back